qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi Everyone,

Well it?s that time of year again, LIRA is proud to host it's 7th annual NERAC conference on Saturday March 24th 2012; if you are new to the club or area every year we host our own conference out at the Long Island Aquarium, we bring in 3 to 4 great speakers and plenty of vendors for you to stock up on frags and dry goods. This year?s speakers include Dr. Sanjay Joshi, Tony Vargas and Peter Schmidel. We have also set up a new price plan to fit everyone?s budget, admission starts at just $15!

This year we are also breaking in the new Hyatt adjacent to the aquarium so everything?s in one room.

Register today at www.neracvii.com

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Great, I'll be there for sure. This event is not to be missed!!! For those of you who have never been to Nerac, here's what to expect (pics from last year event):

110319_0683.jpg

nerac1.jpg

nerac26.jpg

nerac31.jpg

nerac13.jpg

nerac21.jpg

nerac15.jpg

110319_0727.jpg

clownfishes.jpg

kevin.jpg

tank4.jpg

cleanerwrasse.jpg

tankabove6.jpg

Last edited:

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Is there a schedule that is followed? I just went to the site and could not find one. Also how long is the event ?

Last edited:

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It's an all day event, schedule is usually 9A Speaker 1, 10:30 speaker 2, noon for lunch, 1:30 speaker 3 and 3P speaker 4. Raffles run 4:30 to 5:30 and for those who attend the dinner the cocktail hour starts at 6. We try to keep the talks to 45 minutes so those that wish to visit the vendors have time in between talks.

I haven't gotten the updated list of vendors who are setting up tables yet but will post it when I get it.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
If I understand it correctly, the conference is being held at the aquarium or the hotel ?
Also is there a different price for the aquarium admission for family members ?

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This year we are in the hotel, this way everyone is all in one big room. With this we were able to offer a conference only price to make it affordable to everyone.

I have an email out to Joe at LIA about aquarium only pricing and will post the results when I hear back.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
One question Joe- can we move between aquarium and hotel freely if paid full ticket price? Can't wait, I'll bring a couple of friends with me.

Yes, Anyone who has paid the admission to the aquarium will get a wrist band to allow them to move freely between the two.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
This year we are in the hotel, this way everyone is all in one big room. With this we were able to offer a conference only price to make it affordable to everyone.

I have an email out to Joe at LIA about aquarium only pricing and will post the results when I hear back.

Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: