mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

I live out at the far end of the Island and have no problem traveling to a good fish store. For a while my girl and I were going into the city for Manhattan aquarium once every week or two. With me having to travel I really look at a store in a whole from fish and coral's stock, price, dry good selection and the quality of the service. With that said I just want to point out two of my favorite stores atm and why.

My first store would have to be tropical Island. The store is clean has a great selection of coral's and fish and always seems to have something that is just stunning. For the most part everything looks healthy and well kept. Defiantly worth stoping by.

My second store would have to be pet warehouse in Copiague. I bought my first tank set up from them about a year ago. I have found in the past few month's there look down tank's are filling up nicely with some great coral's at great price's. They do have a large selection of fish. They do seem to go through some volume of fish so prices are normally good. Now you might go into here and see some damaged fish from time to time but you need to remember they are selling volume and thats why you get such great deal's. Now not only do they have a good selection of livestock and dry good's the staff is very helpful and will take their time with you and give you truthful answers unlike some place's I have been too. The only thing I wish I would see more of are some of the higher end coral's that you don't see much on the island. Oh yea if you are a LIRA member you get a discount, if you are not a member here is a link to the site http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...1cHeBw&usg=AFQjCNH9HEjYkQXsXrTSgWRTX3TH1gcYKg. I have not been able to make a LIRA meeting yet but the discounts alone have made it worth being a member.

Well If you have never been to these two stores I recommend stoping by one day.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
They are both good stores, Tropical Island definitley taking rank over pets warehouse. For dry goods, nobody beats Dons prices at Aqua Hut in coram. Believe me, Ive been to every store on the island and NOBODY beats his prices for dry goods!

mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I am a little confused... two times within 10 min of me posting about the new stock I saw at pet warehouse my post is removed and nothing telling me why. This is annoying. Please tell me why I am not able to post positive feed back of a lfs that I use. Oh I have no affiliation with them either. So please tell me what I am doing wrong.

mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank's. I am starting to get that. I could see maybe my first post being removed because I had 2 pic's that showed prices but my last one was just stating that they have been getting great acro's in and we should try showing them some love so they keep getting higher end coral's in. They have a great colony of red dragon and fire and ice that just look awesome.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Ok so I am a little confused... two times within 10 min of me posting about the new stock I saw at pet warehouse my post is removed and nothing telling me why. This is annoying. Please tell me why I am not able to post positive feed back of a lfs that I use. Oh I have no affiliation with them either. So please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Because what happens is the treads inevitably break down into drama shows. There are separate forums for a lot of vendors. Feedback is best left there. If there isn't a forum for a vendor let them know MR exists and they should consider becoming a member. Works out well for all parties involved.

mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there was a ton of drama about the lfs on LI and PW name was out there. I have only been in the hobby for about a year and they are one of three store that have helped me a ton. I have had very bad experiences at another store on LI that I keep hearing everyone praise. Hell that same store told me that the flatworm that was on my coco worm I was buying was a piece of algae and don't worry about it. I found out they lied to me when it was too late. Even though they were wrong you don't see me blasting there name around here because that would be wrong but there is nothing wrong with me praising a store because they have steered me in the right direction and have a great selection atm

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: