Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Reefer Ratings: (59 (100%)
Friends: (25)
Send a Private Message
Thank you tropical island aquarium

My reef was saved by Mike at tropical island aquarium.

Everyone knows what a great guy Mike is and how he is always willing to help people out but this just tops all.

I kept my tank going for the first three days on a generator and just when things started getting rough for both my reef and my family Mike came thru with a extension cord over the fence.
I am very fortunate in that I live next door to Mike and his house beeing on a different grid, he had electric and I did not ,but with out hesitation he offered a extension cord to help me and my family out and I am grateful for he kept everything running for the next three days.

Electric came back and I am so thankful for Mike and his family and Tropical Island Aquarium.

Water quality, Flow, Lighting, Patience lol:
"KISS" (Keep it Siphoned and Skimmed)
this -> "Reefkeeping made easy- what was not explained"

I like this also
http://i.imgur.com/FRWytuv.jpg
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Reefer Ratings: (9 (100%)
Friends: (37)
Send a Private Message
Glad your tank made it. I love how there are so many of these heartwarming stories! Amazing job act of generosity, Mike!

There's nothing more entertaining than an internet gangster hidden behind their momma's skirt and a keyboard...stay thirsty...
Old 11-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Reefer Ratings: (13 (100%)
Friends: (31)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
+1 that's awesome!

Renegade Reefer
Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 AM
KenConnect
Reefer Ratings: (49 (100%)
Friends: (83)
Send a Private Message
So glad u and ur fam and ur tank is ok.. I work some times over there since in my job I have to travel.. Mike is deff a great guy and has 1 of my favorite shop out on the island..
Old 11-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Reefer Ratings: (48 (100%)
Friends: (18)
Send a Private Message
+1 on the generosity
Old 11-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
Mike is a great guy. Last year during Irene I brought him my fish and corals to keep safe till my power was restored. This time I was prepared with a generator. Mike is always willing to go the extra mile to help out. I won't go anywhere besides Tropical Island.