mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like for us to get a lfs thread going telling all the good thing's a store has going for it. I ask this because I live in montauk and my girlfriend and I drove around all day saturday hitting a total of 5 lfs and really only found 3 of the 5 worth hitting and out of the 3 only one of them was worth the drive the other two did not have as much inventory as in the past. Now I don't want people saying anything bad about a store. If you went to a store and was unhappy keep it to yourself but if you saw something nice or a improvement in something lets get it out there.

I will start it.
Aquarium village:
Had a large selection of healthy lps's

Tropical Island:
Front display tank is looking awesome. Had a few nice chevron tang's.

Pet warehouse:
I have to say this was worth my trip. Had a great selection of $15 sps frag's and a ton of sps's and lps's. What I like here in the sps's department is I am not seeing the same 15 ora pieces week after week. They seem to be getting the coral section dialed. I did not look to close at the fish but did notice a large selection

Now out of the 3 stores pet warehouse coral selection is looking better then last time I was there (maybe in july) but would not hesitate hitting any of the three.

Now please please please don't turn this into a bad mouthing thread and get it closed. For me to go to my lfs it is normally a full day event and having a thread like this will help me decide if I am going to head out or not.

When I get a good shot of the stuff I bought I will post them up.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
All the ones you hit and aqua hut are really the only LFS in Long island that sell coral and fish...all the others LFS most likely use tap water so there coral selection stinks
I hit all 4 in one day and always come home with good stuff
Just sucks you live so far because good deals happen fast and to drive from montauk it properly would be gone when you get there

reefprobe

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are right there's not too many stores in LI
That can get it right and know what they're doing
And all 4 are competitively priced, it really comes down to
Who has the best quality and selection on a regular basis

mtk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey walnuts24 the pet warehouse I was talking about is the one on sunrise hwy.

Well today my girlfriend and I went x-mas shopping up at Roosevelt field mall and decided to run to Aquarium village. I needed a Harlequin shrimp and was also looking for a small maxima clam. They had one Harlequin left and a bunch of smaller clam's. I also saw a nice selection of lps's and it looked like they just got a fish order in.

It might seem like I promote pet warehouse (sunrise location) alot but in all honesty I seem to find what I am looking for there and I don't need to look else where. At this time I am looking mostly for sps's but have no problem going anywhere else that has a good selection of sps. So anyone that has seen a good selection of sps recently please post up where you saw them.

Thank's guys

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
I was at aquarium village two days ago and they had a great rainbow acan piece. It was not a frag. It was a colony probably 5 x 4.

You mean this one !!!thats in my tank now
56F58A88.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: