Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (59)
Send a Private Message
LI is the place for corals and fish :)

Ive been to a couple places in the city and i have to say LI LFS blow all the city LFS out of the water. I heard MA was great but that one store out of so many. You can walk into pretty much any LFS on LI and find the weird,the popular and the what the hell is that almost every time you walk into one. I have to say us Long Islanders are spoiled when it comes to LFS
Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 AM
Swap Crew:  - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (158 (99%)
Friends: (52)
Send a Private Message
Good for you. Now spend some money and send me some free frags....

J/k
Old 03-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Gabe
Reefer Ratings: (11 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message View Gabe's Twitter Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke62 View Post
Ive been to a couple places in the city and i have to say LI LFS blow all the city LFS out of the water. I heard MA was great but that one store out of so many. You can walk into pretty much any LFS on LI and find the weird,the popular and the what the hell is that almost every time you walk into one. I have to say us Long Islanders are spoiled when it comes to LFS
I agree 100%, + no tolls to pay, no bridges or tunnels to cross, parking available in almost all of them. I'm with Duke on this one.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:03 AM
Aquarium Village
Reefer Ratings: (17 (95%)
Friends: (58)
Send a Private Message
Old 03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Reefer Ratings: (12 (100%)
Friends: (18)
Send a Private Message
Pay a toll and come to Maxreef in Yonkers and you'll see what a real lfs is that gives great prices and awesome selection. Been to many lfs and always come back to Max cause they are unbeatable.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Reefer Ratings: (89 (100%)
Friends: (59)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruha456 View Post
Pay a toll and come to Maxreef in Yonkers and you'll see what a real lfs is that gives great prices and awesome selection. Been to many lfs and always come back to Max cause they are unbeatable.
Hey im sure they have good stuff but the selections and prices the LFS on LI cant be beat. You mentioned one store in Yonkers,Im talking about almost every store on LI has something someone would want and are usually priced to sell. Sure there are a few duds but then you get in your car and drive 20 minutes and there is yet another LFS that is better
Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Reefer Ratings: (31 (100%)
Friends: (24)
Send a Private Message View lnevo's Twitter Profile
Just left AV while they were unpacking a large shipment...saw some great pieces, including a really nice 3 head scoly
Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 PM
SPS KILLER
Reefer Ratings: (96 (99%)
Friends: (30)
Send a Private Message My Facebook View jackson6745's Twitter Profile
Duke name a few good ones please.

Jackson's 115G SPS Cube
Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Reefer Ratings: (12 (100%)
Friends: (18)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke62 View Post
Hey im sure they have good stuff but the selections and prices the LFS on LI cant be beat. You mentioned one store in Yonkers,Im talking about almost every store on LI has something someone would want and are usually priced to sell. Sure there are a few duds but then you get in your car and drive 20 minutes and there is yet another LFS that is better
Ok you might have me beat on that one I can't prove that you are right or wrong. :-)
Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Reefer Ratings: (31 (100%)
Friends: (24)
Send a Private Message View lnevo's Twitter Profile
Hell even Mutts and Butts has some awesome things since they redid the tanks after Sandy destroyed everything. The pets warehouse in copaigue always looks good and has a great fish selection and i heard the carle place one is working on their coral systems