duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Ive been to a couple places in the city and i have to say LI LFS blow all the city LFS out of the water. I heard MA was great but that one store out of so many. You can walk into pretty much any LFS on LI and find the weird,the popular and the what the hell is that almost every time you walk into one. I have to say us Long Islanders are spoiled when it comes to LFS :)

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Ive been to a couple places in the city and i have to say LI LFS blow all the city LFS out of the water. I heard MA was great but that one store out of so many. You can walk into pretty much any LFS on LI and find the weird,the popular and the what the hell is that almost every time you walk into one. I have to say us Long Islanders are spoiled when it comes to LFS :)

I agree 100%, + no tolls to pay, no bridges or tunnels to cross, parking available in almost all of them. I'm with Duke on this one.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Pay a toll and come to Maxreef in Yonkers and you'll see what a real lfs is that gives great prices and awesome selection. Been to many lfs and always come back to Max cause they are unbeatable.

Hey im sure they have good stuff but the selections and prices the LFS on LI cant be beat. You mentioned one store in Yonkers,Im talking about almost every store on LI has something someone would want and are usually priced to sell. Sure there are a few duds but then you get in your car and drive 20 minutes and there is yet another LFS that is better :)

ruha456

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hey im sure they have good stuff but the selections and prices the LFS on LI cant be beat. You mentioned one store in Yonkers,Im talking about almost every store on LI has something someone would want and are usually priced to sell. Sure there are a few duds but then you get in your car and drive 20 minutes and there is yet another LFS that is better :)

Ok you might have me beat on that one I can't prove that you are right or wrong. :)

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Hell even Mutts and Butts has some awesome things since they redid the tanks after Sandy destroyed everything. The pets warehouse in copaigue always looks good and has a great fish selection and i heard the carle place one is working on their coral systems

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
3-Pets warehouse
aquahut
tropical island
country critters
mutts and butts
aquarium village
I know i said awhile ago the BTJ was disgusting but since re-doing there store they are even trying harder
There are even stores that are tucked away that i just strolled into that have good stuff. Dont remember there names though.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I've been to max reefs, I got really good prices. But aquarium village is my place now. Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came... They treat clients with respect, that's what separates good from BEST! IMO .....

Will

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
"Best stores" may be true for anything west but once you get past Patchogue there are "no stores" on eastern L.I. all the way to Montauk ...to buy corals . Not that I know of anyway. There used to be a few back in the day but they have all went out of buisness. Closest store I go to is 25 to 30 miles west from me.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: