jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Jon you should have attended the collecting trip yesterday since you're around. :)

:( arg I wanted to do that!

what did you guys find? I had no idea you were going.

the weather will still be warm this week...maybe I'll see what I can find in the bay.

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I ended up pulling out my Q tank as a nano for the local stuff.:D

DSC00333.jpg

Others got puffers, butterflies, groupers, boxfish, flying gunard, even a baby flounder.

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
oh man I am so bummed! those are so cool!!

I want some also :)

where and how did you collect the pipe fish?

Last edited:

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it was a really nice time, the weather was perfect! the pipefish were caught in the seine net. we also caught this really neat tropical predator called a lizard fish. this thing was so cool sort of like a freshwater snakehead fish. Todd (one of the marine biologist at the Atlantis marine center) identified what we caught and gave alot of interesting facts about different species found in the net.
anyway if your interested here's a like to some other pictures of the collection trip.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=930595
chuck

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hey guys--

(I see some LIRA defectors :) )

Yup, collecting trip was fun, though crowded with people this year. Lots and lots of Codium (if anyone wants some I have a ton), those temperate pipefishes (which do ok in reef tanks if you feed them), a few local baby puffers, a few butterflyfish (Tom og tmost of those snorkeling near the docks), a flying gunard... but mostly just a beautiful sunny day.

I'm hoping to write an article for the new reef magazine about the gulf stream "phenomenon" and tropical species here in LI waters, so if anyone has any hi-res pics they'd like to contribute, I'd be much obliged--

Christine

chuck

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
oh boy .. your not in (the clique) But your brother is ??:lol: probably just a oversite unless they changed their clique to the "He man women haters club" :lol: :irked:
Just remember Christine... "keep on the Sunny side always on the sunny side .. keep on the sunny side of life..."

I'm not a defector Christine,:lol: just maintaining a dual citizenship:lol:

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: