Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message

Hey guys,

New to the site, not sure if I'm supposed to post this here but here goes nothing.

Names Kenny, I live on Long Island out in Coram.

I currently have a 44 gallon pentagon with a brilliant fox face and a butterfly fish and a couple of snails.

I had a 72 gallon at my other place, but it was too big. I had the brilliant fox face in that one and a banded cat shark. Unfortunately, my banded cat shark passed away last month. Not sure the reason why, I found him upside down wedged in between the live rock and the tank =(

My current hobby is working on my car which is a 2005 lancer evolution MR.

Hope to be a contributing member to the community and hope to learn a lot from you guys!!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:40 PM
DIATOM MAGNET
Reefer Ratings: (27 (100%)
Friends: (21)
Send a Private Message
Welcome. There is a few of us right in your area.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Reefer Ratings: (13 (100%)
Friends: (31)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
Welcome to MR! Its nice to see another eastern long islander on here!

Renegade Reefer
Old 05-06-2013, 07:42 AM
REEF ON!
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (58)
Send a Private Message
Welcome to this great community.

200DD Upgrade

RIP Frank (FRY). You will be missed.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:52 AM
Reefer Ratings: (71 (100%)
Friends: (97)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandedshark View Post
Hey guys,

New to the site, not sure if I'm supposed to post this here but here goes nothing.

Names Kenny, I live on Long Island out in Coram.

I currently have a 44 gallon pentagon with a brilliant fox face and a butterfly fish and a couple of snails.

I had a 72 gallon at my other place, but it was too big. I had the brilliant fox face in that one and a banded cat shark. Unfortunately, my banded cat shark passed away last month. Not sure the reason why, I found him upside down wedged in between the live rock and the tank =(

My current hobby is working on my car which is a 2005 lancer evolution MR.

Hope to be a contributing member to the community and hope to learn a lot from you guys!!
That tank is a little small for a fox face..not too many fish could live happily in a tank that size for good. You need fish that stay small..maybe some firefish,cardinals,clowns, royal gramma, pseudochromis stuff like that. Your shark probably did not live long because the tank was way too small for him. Make sure you do your research before you add things to your tank or at least ask here. If you plan on adding coral be careful with that foxface they are not reef safe and will eat coral. Good luck w/ your new tank.