Status
Not open for further replies.

jgiordano

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any good/bad experiences with LFS stores on LI, (more nassau than suffolk but I would take the ride if it is worth it)

I was in a store this weekend and a chocolate chip starfish was melted/decomposing in the tank. It was really sad...

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Aquarium Adventure, not your typicle LFS. Only deal with Jared there. Good guy.
Try not to buy anything there unless you must.

lola

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
suffolk countyfish and reef

I only deal with them for now I feel they are pretty good they are on ocean ave in lake ronk. south of the 495 1/2 to 1 mile south on your right side

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i had a horrible expierence with BTJ jungle.they sold me stuff i didnt need to set up my reef.there sales man didnt know about anything i asked even thoughn he was the fish guy.and they were way overpriced.if u are a beginner do not visit BTJ jungle,and if u need fish do not visit their fish look very sickly

nsiegel5

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dont ever ever go to Aquarium Adventure unless you hit the Lotto and really really desperately need to get rid of your cash quick. Then again some people like to spend $100 on a small frag of pumping Xenia!!!

Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
suffolk reef and fish is my new spot. They do have a nice setup and you can see that they take alot of pride in their shop. I drive an extra ten exits on the l.i.e. just to get there.

I also havent had any bad experiences with Aquarium Adventure in carle place.

Haven purchased anything from country critters, they are a lil expensive.

Dj Orion

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
yo, no offense, but btj jungle looks like a crackhouse. I dont even consider that place a pet store. Their selelction is extremely limited and the store is so unorganized and messy that you immediatly feel like you are in for trouble. This place looks like a cyclone tore thru the place. If they cant manage their storefront and keep it clean and organized, it makes me wonder whats going on with their livestock. I saw an employee eating a slice of pizza and then stick his hand into a tank. wtf?

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
mutts and butts

I know the name sounds weird but they have the best and heathiest looking corals and frags ive seen i nassau county.
The selection of fish is not that varied, but the gut that runs the fish dept seems to know his stuff
MUTTS & BUTTS
MERRICK AVE. MERRICK

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Dont ever ever go to Aquarium Adventure unless you hit the Lotto and really really desperately need to get rid of your cash quick. Then again some people like to spend $100 on a small frag of pumping Xenia!!!

Although i am in NYC my G/f is in Port Washington...AA is so-so...on the expensive side...I have gotten some good deals on the dry stuff though...and some Lalo live rock which i got pretty cheap...on sale once or twice...but the fish don't look all that great...I got a Yellow Tang and Spotted Hawk from them 5 months ago...both are doing amazing in my system...but since going back in recent times their fish don't look so hot...and some are ridiculously overpriced! I can't say don't go...but you better know your stuff before going...they sold my G/f a Niger Trigger 5" knowing it was going to go into my 45G...I was so pissed...there is one guy there that is really honest...i don't remember his name...i will ONLY buy from him if i choose to go!

-DCG

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Aquarium Adventure, not your typicle LFS. Only deal with Jared there. Good guy.
Try not to buy anything there unless you must.

Jared hasnt worked there in over a year lol guess you havent been there in a while, he is over in huntington at aquarium disign network not worth the ride in my opinion

basquiat08

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aquarium Adventure's prices are so high you would think they purchased them from a LFS and THEN decided to try and resell them to you. As for Pets of New Hyde Park, corals are ok but some of them have aiptasia or other annoying things growing on them.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I know the name sounds weird but they have the best and heathiest looking corals and frags ive seen i nassau county.
The selection of fish is not that varied, but the gut that runs the fish dept seems to know his stuff
MUTTS & BUTTS
MERRICK AVE. MERRICK

Yea thats Joe hes a cool guy will take care of you if you are a regular
plus sign up for emails and they send you coupons also have them in the yellowpages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: