Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
whats up guys ,,i just went down there and saw mike ,, he is a really cool guy and very knowledgeable,,,, store looks great with great prices ,,,,,,his frags look awesome under the leds,,, and the acan leds is top notch. i will be goin back to him very soon...thanks mike

Eddie

TrIsTaTe05

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
bump also for one of if not the best store on the island. great prices for great corals mike is a great guy as well thats where i buy all my corals from. if you guys have not been there yet i suggest you get there it is the cleanest store and has by far the best corals.

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went there this afternoon, I don't think any stores in Long Island can beat his Price,Quality,Selection, I've never seen a guy so knowledgeable on corals, this store has been, and will be my favorite in the area.

Last edited:

eddie1272

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I went there last week for the first time; absolutely had the biggest selection of frags i've ever seen. This is a real "reef" spot. Owner is an absolute gentlemen.I bought some outrageous rainbow acans and a beautiful dendro for good prices.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
The store was OK..I don't get why everyone is raving about this place. I thought it was going to be like $5 -$10 frags everywhere the way this thread is going. The frags are not that cheap the cheapest is $15 and you don't get much for that $15 the decent frags I would pay $15 for were more like $35 imo it's not worth the trip from queens that's for sure, much better prices at fishtown and kissena. I bought a montipora and it bleached in a few days and I had it under the same exact lighting. I'm thinking maybe it wasn't healed enough? Who knows but I wouldn't waste my time or gas to go there again and replace it. Owner is a nice guy though.

bizarrecorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The store was OK..I don't get why everyone is raving about this place. I thought it was going to be like $5 -$10 frags everywhere the way this thread is going. The frags are not that cheap the cheapest is $15 and you don't get much for that $15 the decent frags I would pay $15 for were more like $35 imo it's not worth the trip from queens that's for sure, much better prices at fishtown and kissena. I bought a montipora and it bleached in a few days and I had it under the same exact lighting. I'm thinking maybe it wasn't healed enough? Who knows but I wouldn't waste my time or gas to go there again and replace it. Owner is a nice guy though.

Tropical Island and Kissena Aquarium are my two favorite places to be, but Fishtown USA? Never had anything live over 24 hours from them, and their service/quality are HORRIBLE. I've been to all the stores in Suffolk County, Mike does have the best selection of corals/fish in that area, and his prices are unbeatable in that area.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Fishtown def has a bad rep the owner from my experience doesn't seem like a friendly guy and gives me a look like I am stealing things everytime I see him. However that is quite rare he is barely ever there. I never had any problems with fishtown livestock..their equipment and tanks are expensive I rarely buy stuff from them. But I have bought a few damsels,snails,hermits..all have done well. I have also bought alot of cichlids from them and they have also done well for the most part. A couple things died but I brought them back and either got another one or was credited toward something else. There is a reason they have been there 30+ years. How many LFS do you know that have been around that long? Personally I prefer to buy stuff from members here and other people with established tanks. I feel like it's a better idea because obviously all of us here and hobbiests in general actually CARE we check our params and keep up with water changes because we truly love this hobby and want our tanks to thrive. Many stores do not keep such a close eye and do not care as much as long as they get a sale.

NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just checked the store out for the first time and i was very impressed!! The tanks were very clean and all the fish/corals looked healthy and happy...i picked up a ORA Frogskin and sunset monti for a good price(had to resist from buying more lol) MR members get 10% off..Mike is very knowledgeable and is a great guy! and yes the LEDs are AMAZING!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: