TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I have no idea what is going on I was away for a few days,came back and 1 of my nicest acan colonies was like brown jelly when most lps die this is what happens as many of you know. First it was 1/3 then 1/2 I blew it off in the powerhead and put it back. Now more of it is dying. I have no idea what's going on with this piece..params are spot on and everything in the tank is PERFECT. I haven't done anything different to the tank,haven't added any corals in months.

This ever happen to anyone?

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
yea it happened to an awesome froggy I had also about 6 months ago when I was still in Bayside. Weird though..never knew what happened. Everything else was always good. I'm going to feed everything and do a water change tomorrow hopefully I can save some of it.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I also had a nice 3 color acan of about 15 heads do that. I put it down at the bottom and 4 heads remained. They were barely visiable but they slowly came back. Now I have four nice sized heads and 2 new babies. I had another one do that and nothing was left alive. I n both cases I had other acans and all were fine. So hope for the best.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Nope guys I haven't fragged anything in my tank recently I was planning on doing that today! Ugh, well I just checked them right now they looks fine I don't see any jelly so maybe I blew everything off last night and it's done dying for now. It's a really bad ass acan too even has 2 color patterns. Prob lost about 40 heads though. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEAKKKKKKKK!

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
look like this ?
047-1.jpg

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
dip it see if these black bugs craw out of them? let one sit in the dip aliite longer see what happins
now it does..it's skeleton lol some heads are still good. What kinda bugs gona eat acans? And yes I did inspect it, I only saw a few bristle worms on it prob just eating the dead tissue.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
black bugs eh? I'll see but I duno where they could have came from so I highly doubt it and everything else is good. Haven't added a piece of coral in several months. I did notice a small hole in 1 of the heads of teh skeleton but figured maybe it was from the bristle worms. What are these bugs called? I'd like to read up on them.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
interesting thread buddy,I hate bristle worms I have a ton of them. Even before I moved I probably took out at least 100 if not more. I have been busy as hell and lazy too lately lol so I haven't been feeding that much I'm sure it's possible those little mofos were eating the acan. I actually thought that when I saw the hole.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
just bristle worms but they were in some of the skeleton. I also saw some of them coming out of a living blasto colony I have that goes back and forth between looking good and not so good. My next step will be trying to get rid of bristle worms I prob have thousands of them.

Anyone want free bristle worms for their fuge? lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: