Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fully stocked sps tank . Evrrything is doing great except my acans they have all started to die off. I purchased a new skimmer about 3 months ago and brought my nitrates almost down to 0. Before the new skimmer nitrates were about 15 -20 ppm . Tank is a 130 gal 400 watt bulbs acans placed at the bottom . Nit 5 cal480 mag 1650 kh 12 . What should i do.

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

what skimmer? Ive heard stories about acan and lots of lps not doing good in super clean water. Maybe your water is too clean.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I agree most lps and zoos do better with dirtier water. Hence why they are considered more beginner/intermediate corals. I think it's tough to have a mixed reef and keep everything happy since they all require different types of conditions. The 400 watters might also still be too much light even though they are on the bottom. Try keeping them somewhat shaded if possible and see if there is any change. Spot feeding also helps a lot with any lps coral. I am a firm believer in feeding.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: