Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (4)
Send a Private Message
do you do the chiselling/breaking in the tank or pull the rock out and do it?
Old 07-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Reefer Ratings: (20 (100%)
Friends: (9)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
I use surgical steal scissors and just cut the rock that they are on right inside the tank
Old 07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
PADI Dive Inst
Reefer Ratings: (30 (100%)
Friends: (26)
Send a Private Message
I use a large xacto knife and slice some of the rock under the zoa. Then clean this part of the frag and use crazy glue to adhere to the new frag location.
I do this on a table with a tub of tank water on the side to place the frags into.
Zoas can remain out of water for quite some time as you frag them. If you fragged in the tank then you would have to track them down.
When you are finished place everything in the tub of tank water for maybe an hour and then back in the tank. Place the new frags in a low flow area until they start to heal. Maybe a week.
Wear some eye protection and rubber gloves if you have any cuts. Most important research palytoxin before you do this. Highly unlikely but I have read posts where people were messed up from this.

My tank thread
https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...next-tank.html

iPhone YouTube videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/BazzaH2O?feature=mhee

Is it centrifugal or centripetal force?