Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I just bought this goniopora i originally intended to put it on the sand bed, but it seems like the flow on the sand is just to much for this guy. on the rock that i have it on has perfect flow but i don't know if it will be to cramped when it fully extends what do you guys think? also do you think my zoas will be in danger.

Attachments

• 121312.jpg
    121312.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 709

jhart

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
As many said , certain species should be left in the wild or only cared for by experienced reefers, IMO gonipora, long nose file fish , mandarin gobies are just a few animals better left in the wild..

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
well i would deff consider myself an experienced reefer, and i have heard these same remarks about all gorgonians which i have several that have thrived for 7+ months. am i saying i will have the same luck with the goniopora no, but i hope i do. its going to survive a lot longer in my tank then in the fish store. i wasn't aware of the issue with them otherwise i would of never bought it, but i did so ill have to try my best to keep it healthy and thriving only time will tell. i certainly wont buy another one if this one ends up kicking the bucket, lesson learned.

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
there are one or two species of goni that should be left in the ocean, with that being said there are plenty of species that do very, very well in captivity, most of the reds and pinks that come in from Australia do great, along with several different alveopora species

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey - just curious on how your Goni ended up doing?

I picked one up in a trade recently - opened right up initially, then I did a water change with a new salt, changed out purigen and chemi pure elite packs, and it has been closed up ever since...

mdenesha

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
That food looks interesting, I wonder what makes it designed specifically for Goni's.. If I can ever get the polyps to extend again maybe I'll try it out - right now I feed Coral Frenzy twice a week or so

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: