scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Do I have to feed Ultra Acan, Christmas favia and Encrusting Gonipora? I have sps tank also and would like to keep nutrient low if possible. If I do have to feed what type of food and how to feed. I have a sponged overflow with sump and circulations pumps. Do I have to feed only with lights/pumps turn off and use turkey basken to targt feed.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Acans do not need to be fed. But if you feed them they grow more.

I feed mine once a week at nigt when their tentacles are out. I mince silversides in a cup, add some water and use an eye dropper to feed each colony. That way there is very little extra floating around the tank.

scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Thanks good to know I'll don't have to feed the acans. Now what about the Encrusting Gonipora? Any commerical food product that works too, such as Liquid Life MarinePlankton or reef chili? I don't want to be mixing frozen foods.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I feed all my LPS at least once a week. I don't know if it help all of them, but I observed a rapid growth increase in blastos and acans since I started feeding them few years back. I feed acans, blastos, gonioporas and chalices (not truly lps, I know) Preis Aquaristik Coral Energizer and V-power, while mine fungia, dendros and anemones get both Preis and frozen Mysis. From all LPS I think gonioporas are the ones that need regular feedings, otherwise they perish rather quickly (and dendros of course, but they are not photosynthetic)

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I use a few drops of oyster feast when the feeder tentacles are out ,the day before water change ill mix with mysis and target feed right at the tentacles.the oyster feast you only need a few drops right in front of the powerhead in seconds the tentacles come out pretty cool to seeing how quickly they respond.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: