lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
So in a battle between my war coral and a neon red mushroom...the war coral lost. One side that I couldn't see got stung pretty good and looks like some recession as well. Now that I've moved the war coral what's the best approach? Let it heal on it's own? Amputate the injured flesh? Frag it up and sell it off? ;)

I'll post some pics of the damage later, here's how i got it and here's what it looks like recently..

ydesatar.jpg
ypy4umyd.jpg

The last shot was a few months ago. It's expanded past the plug all around now. Some small bits got left behind on the rock it was on when i moved it too... Maybe they'll survive to be frags one day :)

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Its already off the rock it was on. Will try and target feed soon. I do plan on letting alone to recover just wanted to make sure that was the recommended course of action.

The mushroom was on the far side of this thing and decided to stay put...i was hoping it would have moved. I couldn't see how bad the damage was...quite amazed how much of a hit the war coral took..

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
So at this point theres no way to tell where it was injured. Its completely healed up and starting to overgrow onto its new mount.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392956476.545625.jpg

Also the original mushroom detached and went elsewhere. In the meantime, a little bit of tissue left behind has been thriving. Its just 3 eyes right now but they have tentacles out almost all the time and definitely getting bigger.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392956669.528965.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: