A

Anonymous

Exactly 5 months to the day I took a shot of my cyphastrea ocellina to compare the growth. Pretty fast growing LPS!

March 17th :
cyphastrea1.jpg

August 17th :
ocellina1.jpg

Peace,

Chip

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar C. occelina (although a powder blue base color and rust colored polyps) and i agree, the growth is really great. Beautiful pics btw.-Jim

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not difficult at all imo.
I got a frag at one of my LFS' and at the time it was solid green and being id'ed as an astreopora.
I know Atlantis aquarium ships frags of these in the same color Chip has (which may be the same I have but under different conditions).

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bookfish":wuaoxqfb said:
Not difficult at all imo.
I got a frag at one of my LFS' and at the time it was solid green and being id'ed as an astreopora.
I know Atlantis aquarium ships frags of these in the same color Chip has (which may be the same I have but under different conditions).

Mine is taking on a more greenish-blue tint nowadays as well. Mine came from Atlantis Aquarium...they are highly recommended. Ming and Joleen are some of the good people out there, for certain.

Also, here's my Cyphastrea decadia, which also come from Atlantis. Not cheap coral frags by any means, but fast growers and worth it!

decadia2.jpg

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a better shot...I fixed the white balance on my camera...

decadia-best.jpg

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dawn":22kuluo1 said:
Do they do ok under vho compact fluor. wihout MHs?

What size is your tank and what wattage/type of light do you have? Mine cyphastreas are about 18" under 150W halide 20K lighting, which is comparable to VHO/PC.

Peace,

Chip

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be perfectly fine. Moderate flow is all this coral needs and your light is enough.

Peace,

Chip

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: