fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you frag something that is one big polyp like a brain coral? i have heard people frag elegance so maybe it is possible. i have fragged many candy cane corals and torches but they have seperate branches for each polyp so it is easy.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elegance are multiple Polyps. I have heard of Open Brain being fragged but I've never been brave enough to try.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some had. I think there is a link in the messy GARF site that have some pic about it.

The issue is that if the success rate is 50/50 (pretty good consider the amount of truma involved), you will end up with something half the size to begin with.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well while a brain coral is a "single polyp" if you notice when feeding, it has multiple mouthes.. so as long as you get some mouthes into each frag you should be good to go.

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The way to do it is use a dremel and carefully cut through the skeleton so only the live flesh is holding the two halfs together. Then over a few weeks lower one half slightly so the tissue can slowly tear itself, and eventually split.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: