A

Anonymous

Hi,
I am running a hex with 25 lbs of LR, I have PC at 4 watts per gallon (80w on 20 gal of water) photoperiod of 12h. My bubble coral has doubled in size over a period of 2 months...from 1 inch to 2 inches in diameter. What kind of growth rate should I be seeing to make sure my bubble is doing well? And does anyone know if feeding DTs helps with the LPS? the coral is near the bottom of the tank about 20 inches away from the light source and is growing like a weed, well at least for my tank. Is the growth primarilly from the lighting or feeding, and what are your growth rates for such a coral?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your growth rate seems very good, so whatever you're doing, keep it up. Phyto probably won't help much with LPS. Bubbles will readily eat meaty foods, so if you have some fresh seafood lying around, you can feed it once in a while. Food, water quality, and feedings will all help it grow.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to check that out whenever it retracts, or is there a better way of seeing it? And I will feed it a small chunk of clam...thanks

Rob Top

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is skeleton growth that is very impressive, shockingly so. If it it the flesh, it could be signs of it not getting enough light and sreching out to get more. If all the bubble has is light to feed off, as the dt's aren't usefull for it, it is probably needing more nutients and thus expanding farther. I have a very large bubble that puts on about an inch of skeleton growth every 6-8 months. It is now larger than my head with 3 colonies all attached to a common foot. I have had it for about 4 years and am very pleased with it's growth. Not to burst your bubble, he he, but I would be suprised if it is that much skeleton growth.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked it out after the lights were out for a few hours, and the skeleton is still pretty small, so I think it is just strectching for light, I moved it higher in the water column as so it is only a few inches from the light source. I will keep checking it over the months. Thanks for the points, I liked the "bubble burst" pun, saved me a bubble coral by putting it closer and feeding it more. Muchos gracias

johngebw

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you glue it down. I keep on placeing mine but it keeps on falling to the floor of the tank.

Thanks

John

Pepperoni":2pbh4zjq said:
I checked it out after the lights were out for a few hours, and the skeleton is still pretty small, so I think it is just strectching for light, I moved it higher in the water column as so it is only a few inches from the light source. I will keep checking it over the months. Thanks for the points, I liked the "bubble burst" pun, saved me a bubble coral by putting it closer and feeding it more. Muchos gracias

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: