Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
LPS Elegance Coral Compatibility

I want to compile a list of corals/anemones that can tolerate being touched by an Elegance coral without any ill effects. Please chime in with your experience. Thanks.

1. Meat Coral (Acanthophyllia deshayesiana); touching with no negative impact.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:08 PM
captain of tying knots
Reefer Ratings: (21 (100%)
Friends: (13)
Send a Private Message
nothing really, either the elegance will sting other corals or the elegance will get stung. something has to get stung in this situation you can put it next to other elegances and that is about it.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
That's not true, as my first post stated, my Elegance is right above and touching an Acanthophyllia deshayesiana and neither coral is harmed. I was wondering if others have similar experiences with other sessile invertebrates.