Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
have you gotten anything new to agrivate it? when was the last time you changed your bulbs? have you changed anything such as flow, chemicals, placement, etc...?, do you use carbon?

jimidalock

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yes, I use carbon, nothing new near it accept some xenia have multiplied around it. The bulbs were changed about 3 months ago, but I used the same brand and type of bulb to replace.

jimidalock

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
No, relatively new test kits. I have a perdominatly sps tank. All of my sps are colored up and growing. I was thinking maybe some kind of parasite eating away. I'm really stumped.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Since it's only the bottom row I'd look more towards a fish nipping at it or something close by, other LPS sweepers stinging it (sweepers can get very long), growth from the rest of the colony shading the lower heads, power head moved, the xenia maybe hitting it causing the heads to stay closed?

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
There're some coral-eating worms that eat acans. Pull out the colony, examine it, make sure there're no boreholes in the skeleton that might house a worm...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: