rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
My acans always lose their initial coloring, and tend to become red primarily, or orange...despite originally having amazing multi-coloring.
Plus, my hippo picks at them

Some prefer very strong lighting, I have an orange that becomes brighter when it is near top of tank.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Funny you mentioned acans and blastos. I just both frags of both from the MR swap. Right off the bat, I can see blastos are more delicate. I raised it to the middle of the tank, and I can see it did not like the flow.

Dropped it down, and it seems to like it.

PS. Got two new scolys recently, so I guess I hit it all mentioned on this thread...lol.

Good luck.
You should have asked i would have told you .The ones i gave you don't like too much light and flow.I hope they are doing better now because i don't have any more of that one.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
dre,

One thing about reef farming, is that it is not an exact science. I learned observation is important. I saw that too much flow made the red rim flap within yours, so I then realized about the flow.

Your frag is very pretty, I hope I can keep it going. So far so good.

Thank you,

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
dre,

One thing about reef farming, is that it is not an exact science. I learned observation is important. I saw that too much flow made the red rim flap within yours, so I then realized about the flow.

Your frag is very pretty, I hope I can keep it going. So far so good.

Thank you,
Same here good luck buddy.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
My acans always lose their initial coloring, and tend to become red primarily, or orange...despite originally having amazing multi-coloring.
Plus, my hippo picks at them

Some prefer very strong lighting, I have an orange that becomes brighter when it is near top of tank.

For those that become red, lower the light intensity if you are using MH.
I have no data on their morphing under T5 though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: