Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Reefer Ratings: (54 (100%)
Friends: (18)
Send a Private Message
Questions about Scoly

I have had my scoly for a few weeks now. He is doing well. He had some tissue damage but it seems to be getting better. I have a few questions about these lil guys. Maybe someone could answers for me. First, other than mysis and pellets which I feed him. What else do they eat? I want to find him something meatier/ bigger than mysis. Second, how do scolys grow. Does the tissue and skeleton/ rock grow together? And last but not least. I noticed that my scoly skeleton has lifted in one side/corner. Like a wave. Can't really explain. Is this normal? How does their skeleton bend.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Winter. Time for Flakes..
Reefer Ratings: (88 (100%)
Friends: (36)
Send a Private Message
you can try pieces of market shrimp, however the chunks need to be small enough to fit into his mouth.

inkblue - 10:13 PM : u suPPose to do ur RG duTy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob&Gab View Post
seesh, people really need to be taught a lesson. Stop being a little internet gangster please. you must like drama cause you keep comming back for it.
Canal Street coral vendors... BAhahahAHAHAH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvanwhy View Post
Thanks confusious why don't we meet up so I can turn your avatar into a reality
Old 06-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Reefer Ratings: (36 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
Does it seem like the scoly is shrinking. If you see more of the skeleton underneath, then maybe it is "not doing well"

larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net
Old 06-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message
pics would be nice...

I feed mine PE mysis every so often... I'm gonna be trying the Fauna Marin LPS food... I think that should be enough... feed them at least once every other week... I know some people feed weekly... for mine, I get to feed them maybe 2-3x/month only... good luck...