waynotcars

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought a wild Candy Cane about a week ago. Placed in tank and it plumped up real nice and was doing great. Opening at night and everything. 3 days ago I woke up to find that a turbo snail had knocked it off it's rock perch and it fell a good 20 inches to bottom of tank. It was lying on it's polyps upside down. I placed it back on it's rock but now it looks VERY ill. It looks like the white tentacles are popping right through the brown polyps, like it's "bones" are showing. It stays closed up tight and doesn't feed when lights go out. What can I do? Anything?

220 gal
0 nitrite
0 ammonia
.10 nitrate
.05 phosphate
metal halides & T5's in stages

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
My mexican turbos do the same thing. Theyve knocked over my hammer, hydnophora and a monti that I had on a plug. Hopefully the candy canes will survive. If it wasnt like that for too long though I would think that just making sure its back in the spot it was thriving in, make it so the snail cant knock irt down again and I would think it would recover..

Either way good luck

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
yea they should be fine give it a couple of days, my snails/ crabs did that alot to my candy canes and they are perfectly fine. candy canes are verrry hardy

bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
Damn turbo's knock ova everything ,, my hand is in my tank straighting out corals that my snails knock ova

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: