Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Got this piece yesterday and this morning it looks like this? Whats going on?

Attachments

• 2011-01-12 08.15.56.jpg
    2011-01-12 08.15.56.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 407
Last edited by a moderator:

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Lights had just come on so the zoas where not happy... All levels were good on monday I can check again tonight but im sure they are fine.. Do you think its just stress from being moved to a new tank? Maybe my leds are too strong for it? My other dendros are good.. Just weird

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Yeah it looked amazing in your tank but over here it doesnt look happy at all... I guess all I can do is wait. I sure hope its not dead...

I believed it from stress & give it time to ait djust to the new environment. It was open up nicely before I bring it over to your place.

reefs247

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
nah it's definitely not dead if it was dead it would be brown like that big piece of favia that used to be alive behind it lol. Give it a few days it should be fine. If tentacles come out feed it and it's all good.

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
When my gf brought home her dendro it looked like that for almost a week. As a last ditch effort, I took it out of my tank, put it in a jar and squirted frozen brine, then put it back in my tank. After the 4th try it's tentacles started coming out. Now it's out almost all the time. Some need more time to adjust, that's all.

reefs247

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yea actually even a good idea if it does not open in a few days could be to put some gel food in the mouths kind of like a force feeding tactic. This has also worked for me in the past. Definitely give it a few days though and see what happens.

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I bought that favia that way lol...I got a bunch of dead corals for cheap when I first set up the tank.

The dendro is starting to look better.. Just looks weird next to my other colony...

nah it's definitely not dead if it was dead it would be brown like that big piece of favia that used to be alive behind it lol. Give it a few days it should be fine. If tentacles come out feed it and it's all good.

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If you can, try and leave it alone, it is already stressed from being moved from one tank to another. If you think it is the LED lights than shade it somehow since it doesn't really need light. I would not try and feed it, you are only going to stress it more. It is an incredibly durable coral give it some time

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
All better

Fed it today and it looks a million times better... Looks real good with my other colony

Attachments

• 2011-01-24 00.27.44.jpg
    2011-01-24 00.27.44.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 135

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: