FlexLuthor

Is Too Noob 4 Skool
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OK, I have some hammer and frogspawn coral.
about 3 weeks ago i re did the work work in my tank and since then they don't look as lush. They no longer extend fully out and look pretty sad now. Do they need more time or do i have to find a new place for them.
Two of the hammer coral heads seem to be dying

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I would check your levels, as you may have cause a little spike by moving things around. Also run some carbon, as it's possible that some sponges may have died when you moved the rocks around. I would also check the water movement, some LPS don't like a lot of flow, which may cause them to not open fully.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Either they are getting a different flow or different light than they used to. Corals don't like to be moved even if things stay the same. I have many different ones now and it seems that water movement is the bigger issue. I would put it in place and wait 3 days and if it didn't open well then I moved it either to more movement or less. Each one has different preference. You just have to experiment and hopefully find the right place before it dies on you. I have one hammer that open really nice and there is almost no flow. I have 2 torches near each other and one loves it and the other wants less flow so I put a shell in the way to lessen the flow.

CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Have you done a water change since moving things around? Like others say, coral dont like being moved around but they should have bounced back. I say it has to do more with parameters than light/flow unless they are getting pounded by a powerhead.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: