Bryceandmandy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
hey all, mandy and i were over at one of our favorite spots and picked up this little guy.[pic below] its in pretty bad shape and needs a lot of tlc, thankfully were the kind of people that look for corals that need extra attention lol. were starting this thread in order to catalog our progress in bringing this little 'love nugget' back to life. if this is in the wrong section please move mods, still kinda new here lol

this shot was taken the day we put it in the tank which was april 4th. its been eating pellets and everything else so hopefully the next pic will be not only CLEAR but one that shows off a little growth too lol njoi

IMG_3431.jpg

Reefers Paradise

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should soak the pellets or mysis in some vitamins like brightwell coral amino this will help with coloration and growth i would use this with mysis well i do use it and it seems to do well i have been doing it this way for months and i have deff seen good results acans prefer meaty foods so i would stay with the mysis just do a soak and use forceps to feed each polyp individually dont just poor the food in the tank i always saok it and forcep the food to each polyp to keep the un wanted posphates and such as the oils in the mysis out of the tank and you will see a difference in a month or so growth speeds up and coloration is enhanced let me know what you think and how it turns out i also have a ton of acans -good luck you will get it acans are real hardy def let me know how things turn out or if you have any other questions i may be able to answer them for you good luck my name is robert by the way

Last edited by a moderator:

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I would try to feed it real food (fresh or frozen) not pellets or flakes. I know I once read an article about brains that were fed big chunks of food and they did ingest it. But the person who wrote the article was of the opinion that it could not really digest it and that it would be better to chop it up very fine. In the case of something total dried it may not have what it takes to digest and get nutrition from it.

Bryceandmandy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey guys thanks for the great responses. Were feeding them with forceps pellet by pellet and shrimp by shrimp. The heads are incredibly small, both fit on the head of a dime. Were having alot of fun watching these guys come back, theyre doing much better after we dipped them. Well have a new pic up soon. Thanks again everyone

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those shrimp stinking scavengers my cleaner steals food from everything in my tank good on u btw helping a beat up coral I got one nice frag with 8 heads n looks real good my 1st one but I see more in my future they're great to watch eat too

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
You should set up another smaller frag tank, no fish, no shrimp so you can put them on a rack and baby them back to health. Im dealing with loosing acans myself rightnow.I lost 5 small colonies due to a bug. I just dipped so hope this works. Mine are all in my 30g frag station with no verts

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: