asonitez

Sleeps With Fishes
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
What ever light you go with make sure it has blue / royal blue /cool white / warm white. This will give you the best color. Honestly if I purchased radions I would have sold them by now an purchased the Chinese equivalent. For half the price and bought corals with the rest. That's what 90 percent of my friends did anyway lol. I recommend eshine if your low on funds Pharos of you want a nicer controller like aisols and aisols if you want to stay local and don't mid spending a little more.

Lostinthedark

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have 4 of the Chinese led s over my 225 for almost 2 years now. Sps growth and color are very good. Out of the 4 I have 1 that half of the blues have stopped working. But for $160 you can't beat them.

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Do you have a link for those leds? I want to inspect them..I brought some "reef capable" leds from a company called beamswork..and I think it wouldnt be enough to grow anything in the long run

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I custom designed my LED led with colors and layout from a company called Evergrow. The website is www.[B]led[/B]growlights.cn/ they came out very nice and have a 3 year warranty. They even include extra led's when you order. They were also very nice to work with.

Mike's Reef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Fathom LEDs

Check out the Pharos Fathom LEDs they are very nice lights as well. i recently went with the Pharos after I compared them to a set of Ushio metal halides a friend of mine had. In my opinion they are comparable to the Ecotech Radions.

I have 4 sets of the Pharos Fathom LEDs on my 80 inch tank It has been about 3 weeks now and I am very happy with this product.

Check it out.
http://fathomled.com/products/pharos-series/

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
may I ask you guys what your beef is with the radions? Every other reef website I've been on is praising them. I am also in the market for LED's for my 75 gallon but I am pretty much lost. I LOVE that the radions can be tweeked on the computer at any time. can any other LED's do that? the only issue I have with them right now is that the price is hard to justify. I am also looking into the chinese LED's but everyone says "you get what you pay for"

Lostinthedark

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If I had the money I would go with the new max spect razors. Adjustable output and intensity. But since I reef on a budget because I have a family and responsibilities I went with the Chinese led s. I m happy with the decision and get very good growth with them. I can't justify $750 on a light especially when I would need 3 of them. Even the Chinese led s have dimmers on them now for some control.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: