bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
reef ready

which would be a better choice?

for some reason im thinking the overflow would be be best! am i right?

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Another Question LR & LS

and how long does it take to cure live/dead sand??

do i need a heater for that too or just for LR?

i have live rock in a bucket and a powerhead and a heater...day 1 - was last night..when i go home to change the water...that would be day 2 i guess? how long to i have to continue this process????? and does the same process apply to the sand?? or is it less.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Really same thing. Heres the but...are you drilling it or having someone that knows what they are doing drill it? Can tank be drilled? Tempered glass??
My thinking is either way you'll need a sump, unless you have one. If you do, I'd go for glass holes kit over overflow box. If not I'd make current tank a sump and get new tank. Another 40 or maybe a 75 It's all personal preference really. Some people say if power goes out on overflow style tank may not kick start when power goes on and others say it's never been an issue. I've never had one so cant say

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Help! LS & LR

i have live rock in a bucket and a powerhead and a heater...day 1 - was last night..when i go home to change the water...that would be day 2 i guess? how long to i have to continue this process????? and does the same process apply to the sand?? or is it less.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: