LBC

reef junkie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
figures da 1st time i log on here in like monthz would be at like 3:33am and the night the time changes ya knows, spring 4wad, fall back.

anywayz, a lot has happened since i last wuz on hea.

i threw in a red tail trigger on my order from qualitymarine (same as liveaquaria, i think?) s/he's the 1st trigger i've ever purchase as well just about the most aggressive fish i've purchase yet.

when i added RTT to my QT, i totally forgot there was a large sleeper goby hiding int there, and RTT gobled him up whole! :( lesson learned, i really didnt thing he would since the sleeper goby is about as long as RTT, but granted, not anywhere near as big in... GIRTH.

i always chuckles when i hear/say girth cuz once at homedepot i was tellin a cute chola that the girth of my pipe is too big and she smile wink and say u mean diameter ;)

anyhoo i wont make that mistake again. i mean with the skinny fishies- as well as the fat girth!

what i wuz wonderin is does any of u's also has a RT trigger and whats the smallest size/girth fishies can yaz keep wit it and is it really d most 'reef safe' trigger?

this one is just so active and a bulldozer in the QT tank so far i cant even picture it safe in my reef with snails, claims, etc but whaddo i know, its my 1st trigger... if i had to ummm, guess tho i'd say maybe the blue jaw (male) is a bit prettier and maybe even more reef-safe/docile.

oh, and is there any what to tell diff b/w M/F RTTs? wif BJTs its soo ez =/

tanks...

LBC

reef junkie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too lay zee to post a pix but looks exactly like LA/QM stock pic:

lg-0614131-067.jpg

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
For some reason triggers do not like gobies. I have a niger trigger with very tiny fish in my DT and it doesn't even give them a second thought. But the minute I put a pair of gobies in my tank thinking I got a docile trigger,it proceeded to hunt and kill both within minutes.

Every trigger I have owned, hunted down all my gobies from sleeper heads to golden gobies. Take into account of whats in your tank and compatibility before buying livestock.

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Red tails have the same demeanor as Niger and the same chances of success. Hit or miss. Depending on what else you have in your tank they are a beautiful addition.

LBC

reef junkie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well luckily i have 4 tanks ATM but they are just holding cells until my DT(s) is built.. but im waitin on the darn short sale to close

will definitely have one reef tank at home and maybe the aggressive tank at office.

if anyone can recommend appropriate species suitable with a RTT, let me know!

i would like to get a BJ!!

but they would have to get along in the same tank cuz no i'm gonna set up a 3rd main tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: