4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been going for over 10 years. I am wondering if I should sell and start over, or move everything. I recieved a few quotes, about $800.00 for the move. Any thoughts, has anyone used a company in the past to do the same.

Thanks,

Pablo

Coral Farmer
Rating - 100%
212   0   0
Upgrade is a good option, but moving the tank to then new house it is no hard if you are planning ahead. I have moved my tank from Brooklyn to Long Island with out any issues.

4Fish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I am going to move the tank. I feel I have an obligation to the live stock to continue to provide ideal conditions. All fish get a long in the tank, and some fish I have had for 10 years.

mrdobie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are books and articles riten about moving a tank. Take the time and do the research. I would hate to see a 10 year old friend get hurt or even worse. Good luck and take your time.

WetWorks

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Honestly i own an aquarium installation and maintenance company and offer moving services, and i would suggest upgrading lol. keep what you want from the current set up and start fresh! but if you do decide to move it give me a cal 201-952-2169 my name is mike and the company is Wet Works.

Brooklyn83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   1
Go with a new one, I paid a company in Brooklyn $800 to move my tank. They killed 90% of my corals, didn't plumb my tank once in the new house. Im pretty sure he sold most of my live stock and the rest died in his tank. save yourself the head ache.

Silkyslim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Do a new tank and let it cycle before you move if possible. I moved my tank and had an ammonia spike and a bout w brooklynella it wiped out all my fish, I lost 22 fish. Don't rush moving, plan ahead. And good luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: