Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Dosing pump broke

So I went on a lil four day vacation got home a get moments ago went to check on my tank well I sent that one of my acro was attend to bleach and I tested and my cal 400ppm my alk was super super low at 5.5 dkh so I went to check my doser and the pump broke or there is a leak somewhere . My manderian and liltang are pale think they are about to die !! Is this a result of low alk and bc of low alk I proabbly have high ammonia or phosphate I couldn’t test bc I had to go to work

And how do I raise the alk to the desired dkh dose everything at once or little by little ?? Moved the fish to a different tank with stable parameters now there are only coral in that tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Reefer Ratings: (69 (100%)
Friends: (6)
Send a Private Message
You definitely will want to dose alk slowly over time or it will kill all your corals. Test all of your water parameters because if your dosing pump broke causing it not to dose, your tank would gradually deplete it unlikely causing any impact on fish. Sounds like there is something else going on.