Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Have any of you ever been to this place? I go there sometimes, but this time was different. I had to just walk out of the store because of what they are doing

1. They seem to have wild caught Bagaii cardinals that are huge with no space to swim ( I say they are wild because of the size and scars they have). In the same tank they have a huge sailfin tang with no room to swim, this guy is easily 1 foot. In the same tank they have 2 huge maroon clowns with no room to swim.. horrible.

2. This one really got me going. They have a foot long grouper in a 10 gallon tank. Poor guy cant even turn around? :irked:

3. All their fish have ick big time, the corals are pretty sad, Cyano everywhere. They dont use RO/ DI, only DI?:irked:

4. The people that work there have no idea what anything is, but seem to have attitudes.

I wont be going there anymore after seeing that. Petland up the block takes better care of their marine livestock. Just a heads up as I dont see them on the Review list for Manhattan.

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Thanks for the info! There are many other LFS that are nice to go like Aquatic Express, and WWOF.
Vendors like HOF any many more, these guys are great and give 100% customer service and care a great deal for there livestock.

Last edited:

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Im sure it is possible, but Im sure they would clean up their act before anyone arrived. If you go there you will see exactly what Im talking about. Once you walk down the stairs the smell/ humidity is the first thing to beat you up.....the animal care is the second.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
yea tropical showcase is like that also foot long NASO in a 10 gallon tank unheard of plus crushed coral and BOX FILTERS this place is out of control aswell its on Old country road in nassau county

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Its hard to see especially when you know bagaii cardinals are now an endangered species. How can you take one from the ocean and give it no room to swim in a tank full of other Huge fish who also have no room to swim?? Its an endangered species for crying out loud!

smackoww

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i cant talk for the rest of their policies, but i did inquire about those giant fish in that tank, including that huge freakin sailfin.
before you immediately think the worst... all those fish and live rock you see in those tanks are from someone's 600gal reef... they are holding that stuff temporarily, bc its being rebuilt
the grouper is usually in bigger tank, but bc of that whole 'holding' thing, they dont have the room i guess

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
i cant talk for the rest of their policies, but i did inquire about those giant fish in that tank, including that huge freakin sailfin.
before you immediately think the worst... all those fish and live rock you see in those tanks are from someone's 600gal reef... they are holding that stuff temporarily, bc its being rebuilt
the grouper is usually in bigger tank, but bc of that whole 'holding' thing, they dont have the room i guess

1) Then they should not have agreed to hold them!!
I'm pretty sure they are charging for the ""service"" of "holding this person's"

2) What is wrong with the actual owner? Does he/she not know what is happening to their animals?
No way I would leave my animals in their care.

Just my .02.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: