Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
i now have two anemone in the house each one at each side of the tank 48" apart, accompany by 4 new clowns (2 pairs)and no one has taken to the new real state(anemone) . the bubble is about 8" to 10" and the carpet is about 4" to 6" and no occupancy. but i have a colony of zoas that they have picked to host. i just don't get it i thought the rent was reasonable . any suggestion are welcome.
thanks

Attachments

• 048a.jpg
    048a.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 054a.jpg
    054a.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 275
  • 001a.jpg
    001a.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 042a.jpg
    042a.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 274

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
When you find out tell me. I've had an RBTA for some time yet my single clown has decided that the orange hammer coral is the place to call home........

Maybe he/she is a fishy interior designer and orange is the new red this year.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Took me about three weeks or so. I put food in the bta and they got the message. The first one got it after a week or so and the other one followed along after about three weeks.

I will post a pic in a few. (havent figured out how yet...lol)

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Heres the pic after about 3 weeks of putting food in the bta. During regular feeding time i would just put food in the bta. Once they get comfy they will start to notice ho nice it is and eventually call it home. good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_1113-2 web.jpg
    IMG_1113-2 web.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 240

Bryceandmandy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
okay so this isnt exactly on topic but did anyone see the youtube video covering the debate for the ny governor where there was a gentleman representing the 'rent is too damn high party'. this thread title makes me chuckle every time i see it just thinking about it. if you havent seen the vid check it out, its funny but the rep. does have a point.....the rent is too damn high

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
Happen to me with my clowns all u have to do is get a nice siZe plastic bowl with lid punch small holes take ur rbta and throw it in there get ur clowns and also throw them in there close ur lid and float them in ur tank for about a week maybey less once u release them. They will run to the rbta worked for me 2 times in a row.... Try it best of luck

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
It took my clowns almost a year before they hosted anything at all, They kept pushing the bubble tip back into a dark corner for some reason, so I removed it and now they are in the hairy shrooms.

Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
Lol I had a pair of clowns first and they had nothing to host and then i got the a RBTA. It was love at first site;) They jumped straight into the rbta and to this day are still hosting it.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
any food is fine. No flakes... cause that will not work. THe other fish will eat anything that missed the bta but the clowns will actually take the time to look inside have a seat and enjoy the meal. The other just use the drive through... lol

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
i just tried mysis shrimp and it was like an all you can eat buffet ,everyone got seconds except for the anemones . i think tomorrow I'll try pieces of shrimp
Hey dherrera83 i like the drive thru lol

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Use a turkey baster or like i did; i used my daughters unused med dropper and placed the food directly inside the bta... did it for about two weeks and my the end of the month they both hosted.

I dont think putting them in a jar is a good idea since you will have to catch them first and or remove your anem. I think removing them is alittle hard and stressing to the anem.

But i may be wrong. after all this is all based on my experience. took a little longer but it was stress free.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: