saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
First off i want to thank all of you that take your time to properly embrace the art of fragging! i have never fragged since my tank is still a baby but i have had the true pleasure of meeting many of our great members and having the cool luxury of buying frags from alot of you. i have driven countless hours to pick up an rbta in queens to drive out to brooklyn to swap with my dads green anemone was the drive worth it ? absolutely , i have sped off after work to others houses to pick up frags some purchased and many free and i have never seen what i saw a few days ago!.

a few days ago a fellow who is not on m.r. (thank god) met up with me through a friend ( whos friendship im currently pondering ) to buy a frag of a rare species , and when i met up with the young man i was floored by the crap he was trying to sell me!!it looked like it was fragged with either a chainsaw or a nail bat!! wtf is this ?? needless to say after a brief dispute i refused to buy the frags and walked away!!!

now why would someone butcher such a brilliant coral for the sake of a quick buck?! what happened to the art of the invisible ic gel drop? or even that perfectly placed birdsnest that was perfectly centered or that chalice that is perfect in shape?? i hate money hungry saltwater hobbyist ! they are such a useless part of this hobby!!

i guess in conclusion to my rant i just want to say thank you , to all of you guys who take an extra minute to make sure the presentation is just right, because even though it is nice to make a quick 20 or 40 bucks on trimming your own corals for the sake of sharing your tanks with the rest of the world, you also take the right precautions in adhering the frags, healing and presenting them as an extension of who you are and how you pride what you do.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: