My actual signature on other foums is:
banner.jpg

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Max & Ruby when they were new and little:
Nov2011clowns.jpg

My Virgin Atlantic Zoa branch which is sadly no more, now I'm trying to cover it with Blue clove polyps in my Pico
IMG_3366.JPG

This is Charlie. He was originally called Piggy since he ate till he looked like he would burst. ow he hides in a cave and is always late to the party, had to rename him Charlie after this one and only picture I have of him posing for me.
IMG_20111006_181835.jpg

stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Such an awesome scape. Could you give me more info on the acrylic rods and whatever connectors you used? Are all the rocks fully modular or just some? I wanna try something like this in my 12 gallon fluval edge.

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Such an awesome scape. Could you give me more info on the acrylic rods and whatever connectors you used? Are all the rocks fully modular or just some? I wanna try something like this in my 12 gallon fluval edge.

Stoops, I used 1/4 inch acrylic rods from US plastics. They are not the strongest so if you have heavy pieces or a bigger scape in mind, I would strongly suggest using fiberglass rods.

Any 1/4 inch rod will be easy to use because a 1/4 in drill bit is easier to get and use than a thicker rod.

My rocks were not modular, they were whatever gulf-live-rock decided to send me in the shipment. This is what they looked like the same day I got the shipment, I just plopped them in the tank while I re-thought the scape:
IMG_20110721_145516.jpg

I used emaco from marco rocks. Emaco is a compound/cement that is mixed with acrylic and RO water (kit included everything except RO) and sets within 20 minutes, cures in 6 or so hours. This stuff is amazing for dry rocks of course but I have successfully used it on uncured LIVE rock with life on it. Here is a picture of my Red Sea Max which has been set up since Christmas (excuse the bag of zeolite while it was cycling):
IMG_3613.JPG

No connectors were used.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Kat,

Does your tank have a clear back panel? If it does, you can put macro algae in one if the rear sections and use a light to create a 24/7 light schedule to help stabilize the PH. I am not sure if you have already done this.

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The biocube has a built in refugium and has chaeto in it. I also have a ton of display macro in the tank. The pico is a macro cesspool ATM :)
And the RSM will eventually get a fuge but I am also looking at holding the macros in the back chamber.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: