• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
So im starting a 12g nano. It will have Aquatic life 115 skimmer. Rox Carbon and BRS GFO. 10-20% water changes every 1-2 weeks without question! It hase 12lbs of marco rocks and 10lbs of petco sand (large grain). Only keeping lots of softies and few LPS. This tank will not have sump. I will be using RO/Di and reef crystals.

For Clean up crew id like

1 emerald crap
1 super tongan nassarius snail (bigger kind) Could get more if need be.
2-3 Trochus snails (could get more if need be)
2 hermits (one red one blue)

There is a mp10 for flow on low setting.

With all that being said. Id like to keep as many fish as possible. Like id really like to push the envelope here. Even if i have to do larger weekly water changes and clean out skimmer daily. I dont care. The more fish (SAFELY) the better. That being said.....

1 False Clown (would like 2 but will do 1 for overstocking fears)
1 six line wrasse
1 yellow clown goby
1 green clown goby
1 neon blue goby (not mandatory but would love to have)
1 Chromis (ive had no luck with this fish, i get 10 and they pick each other off and im left with 1. So im hoping i can keep 1 here but if i must cut corners i'll cut the chomis.)

The Clown wrasse and chromis are 3" max and rest are 1-2". Can i keep em all or will i need to cut some out? Is it just a matter of more elbow grease on my part? Or is it just not possible?

jgraz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That's gonna be a tough stock list. I feel that it might be too much. With that said if you plan on keeping and acros in there I would cut the clown gobies. They will nip then to death. Especially if they are only frags.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i would drop the wrasse and the gobies and pick up a small citron goby....nice n small. and then maybe u can get 2 clowns instead.

OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Citron gobies are aggressive and clown gobies don't get along with each other anyway. Wrasses are jumpers and will eventually end up in the overflow which is small and annoying to shove you hand in because this moron jumped in!

Do a nice pair of clowns(spend the money you'll be pleased over time) or 3 firefish and focus on keeping colorful softies. Less fish = less **** = less maintenance.

Bro in your sig it says you use the KISS method, practice what you preach !

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I meant to say get a citron goby +2 clownfish, not clown gobies. My citron goby was never aggressive towards my clownfishes and yeah i would keep it simple

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
Six line wrasse are jumpers so instead i should get firefish. LoL

Didnt know SLW were jumpers. And i didnt know clown gobies would fight.

So im down to 2 clowns. And a citron. I actually love the citron in yellow but everywhere i go all they have is a dark gray- black looking citron.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Gobies tend to be aggressive towards other gobies. And all fish can carpet surf, but wrasses are infamous for being jumpers!

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
Def dont want fish that are known to jump. Guess he's out.

If i can find a yellow (like YELLOW) citron goby id do that with 2 clowns and call it a day. But like i said i only find them in dark gray.

Thanks all. Very informative and saved me some trouble.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
make sure u go with a deeper sandbed, those goby/shrimp pairs like to burrow. and if your LR isnt secure, it could cause an avalanche!

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
At this rate i may not have any fish at all. Now Watchman gobies need a DSB and clowns are jumpers too.

Should i scrap the softies as will and just house some rock?

Please dont tell me the rock jump too, that could be hazardous to my health. :biggrin:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: