Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****MOAR PICS UP*****

Whatsup all!? I'm pretty new to the hobby, my first nano reef has been up and running for about 5 months now, had a couple minor problems , hair algea and such, but so far I've won every battle I've faced with help from sites like this. Some tank specs are:

Tank: IM Nuvo 8
Lighting: Stock skylight or whatever it is
Pump: Cobalt mj900
Filtration: 3stage media basket with floss,chemipure elite and purigen
Livestock: occ clown, ycg, emerald crab , 4 assorted snails and some coral frags.

Well I look forward to all the information I'll receive in the future! Thanks all. Here's a couple pics before I go. Wait, it says I need 5 posts dammit lol I'll be back.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1158_zps6d2401ad.jpg

I ll put up a couple more when I get off work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You're off to a good start. Is the mj900 the only flow you have in the tank?

Yea, the spin stream actually lowered the pressure of it substantially though. I have a koralia nano that I used to have in there but it was beating the crap out of my fish. It might go back in. I have to experiment with placement a bit.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Really nice tank,How do you like this cube,how do you top it off?I kinda messed up pairing my clowns I was thinking of getting one of these so I can get the clown outta my fuge.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice tank,How do you like this cube,how do you top it off?I kinda messed up pairing my clowns I was thinking of getting one of these so I can get the clown outta my fuge.

I love all the innovative marine products I have, they're quality is pretty top notch. I top off every other day. The biggest salinity swing I've seen on my refracto was .002. I try to stay at 1.025. It's a great tank. I saw an article on reef builders that they're making a 24 gallon long. That's what I'd replace this tank with if anything. I have to say as well, the stock lighting and once a week feedings, my Lps are thriving. My duncan is growing a fourth head after a month. I'm still looking to upgrade to an ai nano though. I just wish they'd make a black one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: