wharris

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Tank! I usta have the same tank and I made it rimless! Sorry for the loss of your corals I see you got alot of new ones. You mainly like Sps?

Thanks for the compliments. I have just recently started with SPS. My first was the bonsai in my tank before the crash and I just loved it. Since the rebuild and thanks to Rob&Gab I was able to get that piece back. I really like them for the colors and their unique growth patter. From what I have read, and correct me if I am wrong, while colonies seem to look similar they grow in different patterns based on how they where cut and water flow. I also love acans. The colors and I really love watching them eat.

Hopefully once I graduate from school in May and get a job Ill be upgrading to a bigger tank. Already have some plans in the works.

wharris

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still got the rainbow honey acan?

unfortunately no. when i moved the company i hired to move the tank didnt do the best job and the tank crashed killing everything except my fish, zoas, and my duncan. They where nice enough to give me a credit to allow me to restock my tank once it had finished cycling. so most of what I have in there is new but growing like a champ!! I was really crushed when the honey acan died. It was one of my favs in the tank. gotta love those acans.

wharris

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update

Attached is a picture of my birds nest. I bought it in January, that's the top pick. The bottom pick is what I took a couple weeks ago. Its really taken off.

Attachments

• IMG_2740.jpg
    IMG_2740.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 164

wharris

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the algae in my tank got a little out of hand. I had undetectable phosphates thanks to the reactor however I could not get the nitrate under control. My macro algae wasn't doing the trick so I removed it. The protein skimmer was also very temperamental and I got tired of dealing with it. So again I removed that. So my new filtration and additive schedule is a follows:

First Chamber:
Empty

Second Chamber:
Poly Filter on top
chemi pure and purigen

Third chamber:
return pump
heater
pump to reactor with the return into the second chamber

Feeding and additives:
I feed frozen food every other day. I switch it up between Rods, Mysis, Brine, and Plankton. I simply feed the whole tank and everyone is happy.

I add a part A and part B alternating day with feeding. So I either feed the tank or add an additive.

The last additive is NuAlgi. I add .5 mL on Tuesday and Thursday. And wow I can't stop recommending this stuff. I have been battling hair algae since my tanks inception and tried everything. This is the only product that has worked for me and my tank loves it.

Any question and I'll be more than happy to answer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: