Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all...just set up a new Innovative Marine Peninsula tank. Pretty nice AIO. This pic is 10 minutes after I finished setting it up. I'm letting it cycle (started it off with some Special Blend)...got 20 pounds of live rock in there, along with Fiji live sand. Using the IM Desktop Ghost skimmer, we will see if it performs well. Light is the IM Skyye light, which is pretty nice except it has no on/off switch. Weird.

I'm not running a reactor currently...but I did set up the media basket that came with it...it has 3 trays, one for polyfilter, and I have some purigen and GFO sitting in bags in the other two.

Eventually going to pair up a Yellow Watchman and Tiger Pistol shrimp in this tank...along with a pair of clowns and then LPS and softies.

Wish me luck!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 647
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys! Well here is an update...so as I've seen with quite a few of these IM tanks, the quality of their accessories is incredibly poor. The Skyye Light I bought broke 3 days in...the clamp snapped in two, plunging the light into the tank...so they sent me a new one, and that one broke right when I put it on the tank. The light fixture is fine, but the clamp that holds it, just brutal. So I'm trying to get a refund on that and am upgrading to an AI Prime LED instead. Worth the money I think, I plan to have it for a long time.

Had a local expert come over to examine my micro bubble issue, he thinks I have a bad pump...so we are replacing it tomorrow with a Rio and hopefully that will solve it. The good news is my cycle went swimmingly (pun intended) and I have 0 Ammonia, 0 nitrite and only 2 PPM nitrate. Also been dosing some bacteria like I said, the Microbe Lift Special Blend just to help seed the filter.

Added two Ocellaris Clowns today...so far so good. will send pics.

The Ghost Desktop Skimmer is finally starting to work. That one seems to be good so far...

So a couple bumps in the road, but I think once I can get the light installed we will be moving forward at a nice pace. Hope to add some mushrooms and Zoas in a week or so.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is an update...

Installed AI Prime LED, so much better than that crap IM light. Skimmer still not pulling much gunk but I'm not overly concerned. Swapped in new pump, that helped the micro bubble issue immensely. Overall pretty happy so far.

Added a pair of clowns and some zoas since the water params checked out. So far so good. Also a handful of snails and red legs.

In a couple weeks hope to add a couple more small frags, maybe frogspawn and some mushrooms. Last pair of fish will be yellow watchman and tiger pistol.

Attachments

• IMG_4141.jpg
    IMG_4141.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 511

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: