• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

vulkum

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wanted to show a few new additions to the tank.
tank 7gal minibow
refugium-custom glass made by christian at wetdryfilter.com
lighting-3x32w pc in a customized PSL ultrareef pendant
powerheads- minijet 404 and return from a maxi 600 in the fuge,along with small foutian pump
livestock includes- 24 colors of zoanthids
small green hammer frag
4 differant colors mushrooms
green stars
xenia
5 differant plating montiporas
green table acro
yellow millepora
green stylophora
lawnmower blennie
way to many hermits
3 hitchhiker crabs(don't bother anyone)
1 emerald crab
5 small snails(mixed)
1 turbo snail(clumsy bastard)
2 keyhole limpets(1 tiny 1 almost as large as the turbo)
ashy cucumber
black white brittle star
and way to many mojomo anemones!
fuge has 4 types of culerpa and 1 red macro
tanks been up for 8 months and i do a 2.5gal water change once a week and dose with kent tech CB daily
alk is at 12.8 DKH
calcium is at 500
all other are unoticable
temp is 78degrees and doesn't move!

Attachments

• resize of pics for christian2.jpg
    resize of pics for christian2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2,873

vulkum

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres one of my favorite monti's

Attachments

• green monti with purple polyps 2.jpg
    green monti with purple polyps 2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,866

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vulkum thats a setup that quickly catches my eye, its really nice. I especially like the way your refugium is setup, designed and installed. Your coral display is also very colorful and diverse, high-quality nano for sure. !!

Brandon

Apophis924

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now which one is the Ref and which one is the display tank?? Seriously awesome set up!! Nano reefing pushing the size envelope. At this rate sooner or later some one is going to have a nano reef in a Drop of water.

vulkum

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol! theres actually a guy on another board i hang out on that has a shotglass nano. its a bit larger than your normal shotglass but its pretty kewl. if i remember he has 1 ounce of sand, small mushroom frag on a tiny peice of rubble, one other small frag on tiny peice of rubble, he uses sea monkeys(live brine) as water circulation and has a 2or5w tiny book light on it. he does a daily water change using an eyedropper! pretty neat little tank

vulkum

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my zoanthids i have been collecting since i got into this hobby and they have gone from tank to tank. i'm always on the look out for new colors and if its something i just gotta have i've paid or traded some very sweet corals for them. but everyone should have a favorite coral. alot of friends are into acro's, i like the plating monti's myself. too many differant acro's that look alike for me to try and keep up on them. plus zoanthids are much easier to keep. heres a color i picked up last weekend at a store i had never been to before.

Attachments

• yellow and orange zoo's.jpg
    yellow and orange zoo's.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,847

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vulkum, I consider that the ideal way to set up a nano reef of that size. That refugium works great I bet... would you show me how the flow works? At first I thought it was drilled to overflow, but I see the input/outflow tubes are inserted down into the display tank and I was wondering how water runs in between the two systems. I know its probably gravity fed back to the tank, but I couldnt see if your delivery pump was housed in the display tank or pulling it up from the refugium side...Thanks,

Brandon

vulkum

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theres a maxijet 600 inside the first chamber with a hose barb fitting and a peice of green eheim tubing attached to the intake of the powerhead. the ide was to make it just like a powerfilter where the pump draws water out of the main tank and into the first chamber in fuge, then up and over the partition hits the deflection stub wall and flows towards the bottom of main chainber then up and over final wall into return area and then back to the tank by gravity feed. works very well and when i turn it off to do a water change and then turn it back on it restats in about 10 seconds unlike a powerfilter that has to surge and start a siphon. guess the pump is a little stronger than whats in most powerfilters.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: