• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

usafresq1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell you how tempting it is to try and set up a nano reef here in hawaii, ESPECIALLY since most of the petstores sell the perfect equipment to do an awesome nano reef. Mini Pumps, Mini PCs, Mini Tanks of all variations, Mini UGF and HOB's, Mini Heaters... everything. I plan on buying everything to set one up just before I PCS back to the main land. But if any of you are planning a trip to Oahu Hawaii you should deffinantly check out several pet shops because I'm sure you could easily find most of the stuff I'm talking about.

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be one of the most advantageous places to start up a nano reef. John Brandt from this website was telling me in a post once about 2 gallon nanos going back as far as '56 I think...because they could use natural water and suited organisms. With todays technology in lights, pumps, filters, heaters etc you have all you need to get started. Can't wait to see pics of your setup when you get a chance to post.

brandon429

eight2178

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where are the LFS's on oahu? i go at least once a year to visit family/friends, the last 2 times i was looking for a fish store to check stuff out...didnt find one....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: