A

Anonymous

Here it is. It's a 24 gallon JBJ nano cube. The lighting is a Sunpod 150 W HQI. I am replacing the lamp with an AquaConnect as soon as it arrives.

The tank has 23 pounds of fully cured Fiji LR and one 15 pound bag of CaribSeas live sand.

Stocking to begin early next week.

I am going to have a stand made to match the entertainment center, if the cabinet makers doesn't try to rape me too bad on such a small job (for him).

Louey

Attachments

• _590.jpg
    _590.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 4,970
  • _591.jpg
    _591.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 4,582
A

Anonymous

Here's a picture with the LR, LS and a Koralia 2 pump installed.

Louey

Attachments

• _600.jpg
    _600.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 4,565
A

Anonymous

Nice. Still trying to figure out which nano to get. Leaning toward the CADlights 22g.

A

Anonymous

PaintGuru":1cbfeaue said:
Nice. Still trying to figure out which nano to get. Leaning toward the CADlights 22g.

I'm not familar with that brand.

Get one though. What are you waiting for?

Louey

Attachments

• Cree.jpg
    Cree.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 685
A

Anonymous

The Koralia 2 has too much flow. It's blowing the sand all over the place. I tried it in multiple locations and nothing worked.

I boxed it back up and am going to take it back the the LFS and exchange it for a Koralia 1.

I haven't decided what kind of fish to put in it yet. Maybe a purple firefish and a small goby or two.

I'm thinking a blood shrimp too.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Awesome, ya got it put together already! I was gonna PM you this link but decided to cack yer build thread up :twisted: I have to tweek yer nose a bit Louey, and show you what my favorite LFS got in finally-check the prices on the acans $10-$35/polyp. Guess who's going shopping Monday?

http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/s ... hp?t=76373

I am so fortunate to have Tropicorium so close, they are awesome with captive bred and/or propped corals. Oh, they ship also ;)

A

Anonymous

Lawdawg":2ym2bp8b said:
Awesome, ya got it put together already! I was gonna PM you this link but decided to cack yer build thread up :twisted: I have to tweek yer nose a bit Louey, and show you what my favorite LFS got in finally-check the prices on the acans $10-$35/polyp. Guess who's going shopping Monday?

http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/s ... hp?t=76373

I am so fortunate to have Tropicorium so close, they are awesome with captive bred and/or propped corals. Oh, they ship also ;)

Those are some good looking acan's. Yer lucky to have an LFS like that close by.

My first order from the Captive Reef will be here Tuesday, so I'm not too jealous. This is the order that I mentioned in the other thread that inlcudes the Skittles acan, the Tyree watermelon chalice and others. I'm ready. :D

A

Anonymous

...maybe a helfrichi's firefish instead of a purple.........

They're never for sale locally though.

Louey

A

Anonymous

;) I was just yankin yer chain. I can't wait to see your stuff when it comes in!

A

Anonymous

That's a nice looking tank, chris. I had to have metal halide lighting. I really like the shimmer effect.

That tank does have a real nice looking T5 fixture though.

I like the refugium compartment. They should sell it with a light fixture to light the refugium, like ecosystems does.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Louey":1bn109ps said:
That's a nice looking tank, chris. I had to have metal halide lighting. I really like the shimmer effect.

That tank does have a real nice looking T5 fixture though.

I like the refugium compartment. They should sell it with a light fixture to light the refugium, like ecosystems does.

Louey

I believe their 39 gal version does have the fuge light. I'm not even sure if I would use the fuge for algae or if I'd put a skimmer in there. I was looking for something with minimal heating issues and a bit less light (want to keep Z&Ps mostly). I have read many places that T5s are pretty impressive.

A

Anonymous

I'd take a skimmer over a fuge any day.

Mine doesn't have a fuge either but it will have a skimmer (a sapphire nanoskimmer).

Louey

A

Anonymous

The guy at nanotuners said that the "kit" skimmer's aren't very good. Lot's of people end up replaceing them.

I bought my tank not as a kit. Then added the light fixture and skimmer that I wanted. It was under $600 for all three.

Check out nanotuners.com (if you haven't already). Tracy turned me onto them.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Louey":1r44px4q said:
The guy at nanotuners said that the "kit" skimmer's aren't very good. Lot's of people end up replaceing them.

I bought my tank not as a kit. Then added the light fixture and skimmer that I wanted. It was under $600 for all three.

Check out nanotuners.com (if you haven't already). Tracy turned me onto them.

Louey

Do they sell the tanks by themselves? I too was wondering if I could piece something together for cheap, but I wasn't able to find very many tank only sellers. I have checked out nanotuners, but was still a bit hesitant of the MH setups because of potential heat issues.

A

Anonymous

They do sell just tanks, and are on EBay as a seller...sometimes you can get lucky at auction :wink:

A

Anonymous

My tank tops out at 80 degrees. It gets down to 76 at night. I am thinking about adding a heater to lessen the 4 degree temperature swing.

I hate heaters though. I hate anything that can malfunction and crash a tank.

Louey

A

Anonymous

With an open top tank, the ambient temp in your house is the main thing that will effect whether if you need a chiller or not. I keep my house at 76 degrees and it's fine.

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: