finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of this rock scape? The tape around the rocks is about how long and wide my tank is, but the real tank is a bit larger (it’s a 10 gallon).
d7eae7b6d1621c26912ae1694d84f431.jpg

amw

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You usually want to leave space for your tools to tend to the glass all around... if your tape is allowing for that, cool. Personally think it’s cool

finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here, I photoshopped it into my tank, and how it would look. (The Sand is also photoshopped) but one more question: how should I go about using epoxy to glue together these rocks? Should I glue them in pairs instead of all 4 and then line them up?
982fa8dcd60c2984d8719ae584c62f26.jpeg

xxxJerseyGuyxxx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here, I photoshopped it into my tank, and how it would look. (The Sand is also photoshopped) but one more question: how should I go about using epoxy to glue together these rocks? Should I glue them in pairs instead of all 4 and then line them up?
982fa8dcd60c2984d8719ae584c62f26.jpeg
First off amazing photoshop. As far as glue goes since its a small tank. I would glue the rocks all together unless you plan to re do your rock work down the line.

finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! Also what easy beginner corals would you recommend for this tank? This is my first saltwater tank, I’ve been keeping freshwater for a while, and mastered it. Thought it was best to come over to saltwater. I photoshopped some corals onto the rocks, these are just some that I’m interested in (zoathids and gsp)
cd0c5220ae98eb0d6145bfd00188eda8.jpeg

xxxJerseyGuyxxx

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! Also what easy beginner corals would you recommend for this tank? This is my first saltwater tank, I’ve been keeping freshwater for a while, and mastered it. Thought it was best to come over to saltwater. I photoshopped some corals onto the rocks, these are just some that I’m interested in (zoathids and gsp)
I'm going to tell you what I was told when I first started this hobby. Patience is the number key in this hobby. Dont take short cause your going to have to them again. Easy to keep corals are the Zoathids, Leathers, Toadstools, GSP, Xenias, Mushrooms, Duncans, Frogspawns, Candy Canes, and the bubble coral.

finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to tell you what I was told when I first started this hobby. Patience is the number key in this hobby. Dont take short cause your going to have to them again. Easy to keep corals are the Zoathids, Leathers, Toadstools, GSP, Xenias, Mushrooms, Duncans, Frogspawns, Candy Canes, and the bubble coral.

Thanks, eventually when I add fish, would 1 clownfish be a good stocking? Because after adding the rocks, the tank will not be 10 gallons

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Salted

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be aware that if your rockwork is all connected it will eventually be covered in the gsp. It won't happen overnight, but it won't stop creeping along. It won't cross sand, so if what you've pictured is what you what you're doing, is that a separate rock you're showing it on that could be pulled forward a little to create a gap? I'd avoid xenia and kenyan tree, as both quickly become invasive. Both can be hard to even give away when you realize you're tired of it. You could certainly add a hammer/frogspawn/octospawn. Those and my torches are my wifes' favs in my tank. Zoas are a great choice and are available in an overwhelming varity of colors, and you're sure to able to find local reefers selling them reasonably.

finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m already on top of that :) I’ve broken one of my leftover rocks into a small piece and will be using it as an island for the GSP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
In my opinion , the first tank is never what you want it to be. I went through so many different designs and layout etc ...
This is part of the hobby, you're always going to find something to do with the tank.
Enjoy this wonderful roller coaster ride of a hobby

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I would top it off more. Reduce splash and using an auto top off of some sort will go along way.

Rock work definitely higher than expected but I assume you will have more softies so wont be bad.

finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion , the first tank is never what you want it to be. I went through so many different designs and layout etc ...
This is part of the hobby, you're always going to find something to do with the tank.
Enjoy this wonderful roller coaster ride of a hobby

Yup, I’ve experienced this with my freshwater scapes too. Do you personally like the look of my rockscape?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: