finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of my rock scape? This is my first saltwater tank so go easy

9feee58261eacb84413de6bbf08c0d7e.jpg

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
If that was in a deeper tank that would be perfect. Well done. However that top will be hard to add any coral...most encrusters cant take heavy light or the high flow usually found at the top. But i think it will look great without corals up there and have the added benefit for the fish than trying to shorten it somehow

finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Are you putting any coral in the tank? If so the rock is a little high for anything to up top.

Yes I’m putting in corals. And the the rock really isn’t that close to the water level, I topped the tank off after taking the picture. Also, any easy coral suggestions?

finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that was in a deeper tank that would be perfect. Well done. However that top will be hard to add any coral...most encrusters cant take heavy light or the high flow usually found at the top. But i think it will look great without corals up there and have the added benefit for the fish than trying to shorten it somehow

In this picture the water level was a bit lower, I raised it afterwards. There’s about 2-3 inches from the tip of the rock and the surface of the water. Would that be enough for soft corals or zoathids?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes I’m putting in corals. And the the rock really isn’t that close to the water level, I topped the tank off after taking the picture. Also, any easy coral suggestions?
Soft corals are a good start. Leathers, colt, zoas, Xenia is like a weed can’t kill the stuff but it spreads like crazy so have to keep it isolated, mushrooms, ricordea, and if those go well can add some LPS like hammers, Duncan, etc.

BryanD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In the beginning you will run into like brown or green stuff growing on the rock it is alga don’t freak out just grab something like a Turkey badger and blow it off but be careful because if you let it stay there it would be harder to get it off

finnystar2992

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some advice I wish I knew when I started last month

I know man, thanks! I’ve experienced diatom algae (brown algae) in my freshwater scapes, nothing too serious, it’s there just because it’s a new tank. I’ve been doing pretty heavy research on saltwater and nano reefs for the last 7 months. Only now I’m starting to build my setup

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: