Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 6.5 Gallon Fluval Edge Upgrade RR Acrylic 15 G sump/refu

It's been about a year now since I had my 6.5 gallon Fluval Edge, I decided to make it into a Nano tank my ex gave me the tank after we broke up I got the Dog and I kept tanks. I wouldn't have it any other way:rolleyes:, So after a couple months I finally want to go ahead and set up my Nano or Pico tank or what ever they call it? I want it
tongue.png
. I'm drilling the tank and the stand it came with I picked up the Wood stand from petco today. It's made for a 28 Gallon bowfront which is going to work great for how I'm setting it up. I'll post up some picture's of what I've done so far!

Here's a list of things to come within the next month or so?

1. Set up Acrylic 15 Gallon Sump/Refugium (Done)
2. Drill two hole's into a Brand new 28 Gallon bow front stand for the PVC (Done)
3. Drill the tank with two hole's for the bulkheads 1/2 inch - 1 inch (Done)
4. Set up the Pluming up the PVC from tank, throw the stand and then to the Sump/Refugium then the return line with my Mag 2 (And cross my figure on my newly painted PVC I hope it's cured) (Done)
5. I want to add a coralife Refugium T5 light but I might have to cut even more into the stand, I'm debating it's a really nice stand. (Done)
6. MOD the Hood I kinda seat on it after I cut it for these DIY so sad
frown.png
I guess it's ok now I can redesign it to my liking (Done)
7. Set up my Reef Led Lights fixture
8. Set up my Vortech MP10 and place my order for my battery backup and ES wireless Module
9. Order My Reef Keeper lite 3 w/net
10. Find a way to get a 5 gallon water despencer rigid up with A RO/DI and controlled with my Reef Keeper lite 3
11. Set up a small Auto-Top off in my D.I.Y Acrylic Sump/Refugium

Deluxe Nano Kit :

Kit Includes
12 Cree XRE LEDs w Optics

1 X Ultra Quiet 23 dB Fan w Powersupply
1 X 6″ x 8.46″ Heat Sink
1 X Thermal Adhesive and End Caps
1 X Leviton Polarized 15A Plug
6 XRE Q5 Cool White /6 Royal Blue w 80 degree lens
1 Mean Well ELN 60/48D demable

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a few updates on the tank First things first, I got the tank drilled at at a local shop KCA lucky there was no issues. I was concern that it would crack or chip, I got my overflow box at this months meeting that John .k made for me a member from BRS I also picked up a 50 watt heater and a T5 11in Refugium light. and I'm finishing up the hood before I leave for Vacation. Moving on I painted the pvc fittings blue, And waited a month for it to cure but after I tried installing the bulkheads and drilled the top and middle part of the stand for the PVC to be hiding. I realized that I didn't Double check to see if the 90 degree elbow was going to fit after I tighten it to the bulkhead. Seeing how I'm using the original plastic stand and the wood stand to help conceal the plumbing coming out the back of the tank. I have to rethink how I'm going to plumb it?

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
How can I copy and paste my picture's ?
I don't think this forum is so advance to use the cut and paste feature. You can use attachment though. during editing your post, choose the advanced mode, then scroll down to the bottom, you should see a button saying attachment, click it and browse your pic.

You can also use the insert image function(you will see the icon on top of the editing box. however, you need to first post your pics in another site first like photobucket, flickr or something like that. I don't use this feature much, so my instruction may be off.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm putting a Nano Deluxe LED kit I'm kinda still shopping around I what to see what my options are? I want to be able to make this dimmable and I want to add 2x RED LED's 2x Green or just one of each in the middle the rest White & Royal Blue more Blue then White.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using the 36 led cad lights for if you are selling the tank?

You have a new build in mind?

The cad lights are for my 46 bow upgrade I'm taking down that tank and starting it back up making it RR with a few new twist plus I'm building a custom stand for my Ruby 36E trigger systems sump and a canopy to match it. I'll post up videos and my progress within the next couple weeks . Im also looking into buy a cad lighting 12-8 gallon all in one tank. I love my fluval but I kinda want something new to stair at lol so my fluvals up for sell. Anyone interested?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: