garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
well the addiction hit my daughter i have a 90 gallon reef setup and my daughter wants a tank for her room im thinking a 12 gallon nano but have never had one are jbj good tanks and what mod's are being done to these tanks any info would help thanks guys

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
What do you want to keep in the tank? At that size with some zoas/softies/lps, jbj's are pretty much plug n' play. I'd remove the sponges (in the back chamber) and replace them with filter floss. The sponges are really annoying to clean- the floss you can just toss and replace.

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
You can have really nice reef set ups! check out kidninja's nano thread, (there's some others out there too, but I can't recall any names). I'm 90% sure they do not come with skimmers, but on a tank that size it's pretty easy to keep up with water changes (1-2 gallons a week). The only thing you may want to consider adding is a small power head (koralia nano would work great, or if you have the money, an mp10. Though, judging by the flow I get from my mp10 in my jbj 24, I feel it would be a little powerful for the 12gal, but I've seen them on smaller setups). I personally really like the jbj nanos and think they're a great way to get into the hobby, but also really fun for seasoned veterans!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
+1, you probably wont need a skimmer..the WC's will take care of that. And I dont know if it fits but change out the stock pumps with a MJ-1200. Changed mine on the JBJ 28 and got crazy flow coming out of them.

What do you want to keep in the tank? At that size with some zoas/softies/lps, jbj's are pretty much plug n' play. I'd remove the sponges (in the back chamber) and replace them with filter floss. The sponges are really annoying to clean- the floss you can just toss and replace.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: