Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Reefer Ratings: (0 (0%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I am so glade i found this, even tho its from last year. I am going to check out some of the stores that were mentioned here.

I have been going to OG2. It was the only saltwater store I knew of in the area but i agree with Greg45. The staff there are not friendly and hardly smile or even make eye contact.

Excited to go to these other stores there websites look great.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Send a Private Message
Good to know so many good stores here in NJ.

Any of the stores mentioned need to make an appointment?
Old 10-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Reefer Ratings: (15 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
Was just at elos aquastudio today amazing store Must visit!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Reefer Ratings: (101 (100%)
Friends: (74)
Send a Private Message
Has anyone been to H20 in Jersey City (corner of Jersey and Columbus)? What kind of SW selection do they have?
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please feel free to ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me, and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

Check out my 120 upgrade and custom stand & canopy build here.

Last edited by bigyankfan; 10-15-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Send a Private Message
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyankfan View Post
Has anyone been to H20 in Jersey City (corner of Jersey and Columbus)? What kind of SW selection do they have?
Their salt water fish selection is a bit limited, but they carry the usual suspects like clowns, damsels, chromis, cardinals, butterflies, and tangs. Most of the shop is tailored to fresh water, but as I’m just starting out, I still find it an excellent resource for ongoing, miscellaneous needs.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Reefer Ratings: (15 (100%)
Friends: (19)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigyankfan View Post
I went there after work. They have an extremely limited supply and seem a little on the pricey side. There was a copper band and I asked what it ate and I was told it eats shrimp. Mind you he had just fed the tank so I'm watching the copper band completely ignore all of it when he screams in my ear " you want you want buy now"

To me that type of pushy service shows how little they care about the consumer buying the item and someone who wouldn't have known better would have been out $60 for a copper band. Just my opinion.