waynotcars

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, just wondering if I'm the ONLY reefer on MR that's from South Jersey? I see lots of great frags for sale all the time but everybody's in North Jersey or NY. Looking for fellow reefers close by to buy some frags and converse. I'm 12 miles west of Atlantic City in EHT

waynotcars

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What big fish store on White Horse Pike?? Only LFS down here is Ocean Aquarium on Black Horse pike. Not big for sure and over-priced. Next closest is Aquarium Center in Blackwood NJ which is 50 miles from me. Last week I drove 75 miles to Reefs to Reptiles in Asbury Park and that's where I'll go from now on. It was worth the trip, gas tolls etc. For instance, an Algae Blenny at Ocean, 25 bucks. At Reefs, 12 bucks. What Reefs to Reptiles calls a frag, down here they call a large coral and charge ridiculous price.

waynotcars

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Toms River is 56 miles from me, Howell and Jackson much further. Old Bridge? We call that North Jersey. You guys probably call in Central. Any place that roots for the Giants and Yankees instead of the Eagles and Phillies, we call North Jersey. LOL

waynotcars

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They've been around at least 30 years. I used to shop there before they owned the building. Where they used to be is now a post office. The owner is very informative and basically a nice guy. He has the entire area locked up unless you wanna drive a distance so he charges whatever he can get. I go there for dry goods and things I need quickly. What I notice about his prices are whenever he sees something sells good, instead of being satisfied with that, the price suddenly goes up in leaps and bounds until it no longer sells good.

waynotcars

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I went tto Tropiquarium first. Their display tanks are AWESOME. Some prices weren't bad on fish. I thought the coral was way over-priced, especially compared to Reef to Reptiles. Greg, the owner, is EVEN willing to frag a larger coral if you can't afford the big one. His corals were nicer, less $, and he is really willing to spend time with his customers. That alone is worth the trip. I bought a nice size yellow tang at Reefs for 25 bucks. Across the street smaller ones were 50 bucks. That's HALF price for crossing the street.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
What big fish store on White Horse Pike?? Only LFS down here is Ocean Aquarium on Black Horse pike. Not big for sure and over-priced. Next closest is Aquarium Center in Blackwood NJ which is 50 miles from me. Last week I drove 75 miles to Reefs to Reptiles in Asbury Park and that's where I'll go from now on. It was worth the trip, gas tolls etc. For instance, an Algae Blenny at Ocean, 25 bucks. At Reefs, 12 bucks. What Reefs to Reptiles calls a frag, down here they call a large coral and charge ridiculous price.

i just came from gregs place9reefs to reps), its getting better all the time.. he just got a haitian shipment and the hawaii shipment is coming in at 5.. some really sweet stuff.. its actually in ocean twp.. i got a softball size "frag" of ora green birdsnest for 25$.. how can you go wrong.. and some deepwater acros for a great price also.. and yea what he calls frags are called colonies across the street, and as he gets to know you the deals get better and better.. i just got my snowcasso..

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Toms River is 56 miles from me, Howell and Jackson much further. Old Bridge? We call that North Jersey. You guys probably call in Central. Any place that roots for the Giants and Yankees instead of the Eagles and Phillies, we call North Jersey. LOL
Any place that roots for the Eagles or Phillies we call them second place HAHAHA, But Tropaquarium is way overpriced on anything. They sale mystery Wrasses for 200-300 and anything elses is crazy as well. Greg is a cool dude and I always hang out for an hour or so in his shop,

waynotcars

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I was so excited to see those beautiful coral tanks! I hope it only gets better there because I plan on making a trip up whenever I can. I meant to buy 30 of his blue legged hermit crabs. They were only a buck a piece and I totally forgot. Gees, down here they want a $1.99 each! That's double the price. It costs me about 20 bucks in gas and 6 in tolls to go to exit 100A from where I live. I'm at exit 36 of Parkway. I drive a Z28 with a Corvette engine so it's no gas miser. lol I want to pass along a standing invite to any members of MR heading to AC to stop in and see my tank and if they have frags for sale cheap bring em by!

isakofyork001

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i live in forked river, n.j. i always go to aqua oceans in toms river for my fish and reef and reptiles for frags. i just went to pnoyreefers house today up in washington, n.j. he made it well worth the trip, i'll be heading to brooklyn soon to get a frag. if you would like to meet up let me know.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
nice u must b the guy steve was tellin me about goodluck with corals I'm headin to his house Thursday to pick up rest of my frags

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: