• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

New York Reef Aquatic

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Bounce Mushroom
Three Inch+
$650

Item Sold
Thank You Mr M

DSC_1840_zpss87yhrho.jpg

Last edited:

saltykid85

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yep I second that. if money is what separates the level of reefer, than you shouldn't wonder why the hobby gets negative press. More money equals , deeper more dangerous dives for rare fish, fish become commodities, just keep buying til one works.
This is why I don't go to LFS, and I go to the hobbyists who know what they are

Rating - 100%
278   0   0
i dont understand why people cry about bounce mushroom prices ! there are all ranges of coral prices. from $10 frags to $1000 frags. if you can't afford a Ferarri, do you cry about Ferarris being too expensive ? NO you buy your A$$ a Corola and you move on.
i myself thinks bounce mushroom prices are too expensive, but what can i do ? Market dictates that kind of prices, like with everything in life.

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
i dont understand why people cry about bounce mushroom prices ! there are all ranges of coral prices. from $10 frags to $1000 frags. if you can't afford a Ferarri, do you cry about Ferarris being too expensive ? NO you buy your A$$ a Corola and you move on.
i myself thinks bounce mushroom prices are too expensive, but what can i do ? Market dictates that kind of prices, like with everything in life.

+1. Glad you said it and not me...this same discussion is on every forum...to each his own

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Not for everyone

I actually dont like bounce mushrooms and wouldn't buy one no matter what the price. But thats just me. Ive paid $50 a polyp for zoas i liked. The car analogy is a good one. We buy what we can afford and save up for the expensive pieces we just have to have. Unless you are lucky enough where money isn't a problem. Y B**ch about a business selling a piece for a price u consider exorbitant, if you dont think its worth it dont buy it. Its called supply and demand which is the cornerstone of capitalism which is what has gotten this wonderful country to where it is today. But what do I know? I just work for a living and voted for Trump. Just my 2 cents.

jacobchemical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just so you are aware the item is marked as SOLD to Mr. M.(prior to 1/11)

I personally have no desire to purchase a bounce mushroom but this is a very good price for one. I have also bought many items from NYRA. Calvin prices are very reasonable. His livestock and coral are very healthy. Calvin is a great store owner and passionate about the hobby. Calvin has even refused to sell me a fish when he thought they were sick.

If you haven't checked out the store I recommend you check it out. You won't be disappointed with the selections or the prices.

Wow I'm shocked this is still available at such a great price

jacobchemical

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yes I am sure the store marked the item as sold when it really wasn't just to mess with you.

Not sure why you are so angered by this thread. Even more confused why you continue to bash a good store because you don't like the price of an item. This is an expensive hobby. Items range in price from $1 to $10,000. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. Clearly somebody thought it was a good price and bought it.

I actually think it is admirable of NYRA to take a risk and bring in high end items (which might not be found at other stores) for customers who want them. Just my two cents. Have a nice day.

Sure sold my *^%#

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: