kwong1998

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
238   0   0
+1 This is an expensive hobby. If you don't want to spend money on high price corals. than just go for the GSP or the freebie. Most hobbies sell their Bounce mushroom at least $500 for quarter size and this is 3" bounce mushroom for retail store price $650. This is really good price. By the way, if you're able to find a $30 for bounce mushroom from a wholeSeller, let know know, I will buy all their bounce mushrooms. For $30, It is not even cover the shipping fee.

Yes I am sure the store marked the item as sold when it really wasn't just to mess with you.

Not sure why you are so angered by this thread. Even more confused why you continue to bash a good store because you don't like the price of an item. This is an expensive hobby. Items range in price from $1 to $10,000. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. Clearly somebody thought it was a good price and bought it.

I actually think it is admirable of NYRA to take a risk and bring in high end items (which might not be found at other stores) for customers who want them. Just my two cents. Have a nice day.

sabellafella

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
You think wholesalers don't know what this is and what they cost ? You have no idea what you talking about if you think this is $30 from a wholesaler

Lol i said the same untill i started buying them myself but all these bounce rhodactis cost a vendor 65-75 bucks for them a piece without freight. Not more, maybe less depending on the wholesaler. And 65-75 dollars to them is is a fair price, otherwise im sure theyd sell for more. But hey, its how a vendor makes their money. Id sure buy one if the looks fit my needs

Last edited:

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
people pay 1000-5000 for a pair of shoes, made from the same material as the 80 shoes. this is a free market. if someone is willing to pay 650 for this mushroom i will sell him one for 650. if i can get 800 i will sell it for 800. it doesnt matter what it cost me to make, only what your willing to pay for it.

saltykid85

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
people pay 1000-5000 for a pair of shoes, made from the same material as the 80 shoes. this is a free market. if someone is willing to pay 650 for this mushroom i will sell him one for 650. if i can get 800 i will sell it for 800. it doesnt matter what it cost me to make, only what your willing to pay for it.

Is it a free market? Why is it the small LFS can't get the same fish and corals a large chop shop in the Bronx can get?

It's become a scam, a monopoly, select individuals bring in odd prices, attach a fancy names and because they have all the purchasing power, no competition.

Some stores want ora coral, but they have to buy there shitty captive bred fish, who have zero immunity to your wild fish, in order to get the coral.

anthonys51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.6%
123   3   0
Is it a free market? Why is it the small LFS can't get the same fish and corals a large chop shop in the Bronx can get?

It's become a scam, a monopoly, select individuals bring in odd prices, attach a fancy names and because they have all the purchasing power, no competition.

Some stores want ora coral, but they have to buy there shitty captive bred fish, who have zero immunity to your wild fish, in order to get the coral.

i was on the store side, in case my comment wasnt clear.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: